The Student Room Group

The 6 Choices on the UCAS Form. Which one should I Choose?

I am waiting for my results to be released in Sept'04 before I can apply for Law in the UK Universities for enrolment in 2005. But I am at a dilema on what are the 6 Universities that I should pen down in my UCAS Form.

I would certainly appreciate if you could rank the 8 universities according to your preference :biggrin:

University of Bristol
University of Manchester
University of Leicester
University of Exeter
University of Sheffield
University of Southampton
University of Liverpool
University of Birmingham

Oh yes, one more thing, I am certainly not one of those girls who are into shopping or drinking, and I simply hate it when my Laptop gets stolen :P

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
eunice

Oh yes, one more thing, I am certainly not one of those girls who are into shopping or drinking, and I simply hate it when my Laptop gets stolen :P

Seems like your laptops get stolen every day... lol
Reply 2
Yannis
Seems like your laptops get stolen every day... lol

It's not really the case, it's just that I don't really wish to go into a school whereby the security is so bad that break-ins and theft is so rampant.
Reply 3
Bristol
Birmingham
Southampton
Manchester
Leicester
Exeter
Sheffield
Liverpool

Most would not agree but I preferred the Birmingham campus to the Bristol one.
Reply 4
eunice
It's not really the case, it's just that I don't really wish to go into a school whereby the security is so bad that break-ins and theft is so rampant.

chill... only joking
Reply 5
Manchester is not for you then, Manchester is pretty much 100% shopping and drinking. Though we have loads of museums and art galleries for you book werms, not forgeting the biggest public library in Europe, the biggest bus route in Europe, the best densly populated area in the world (in 1926), the biggest twat in europe, what was once the best club in the world etc.....
Reply 6
amazingtrade
Manchester is not for you then, Manchester is pretty much 100% shopping and drinking. Though we have loads of museums and art galleries for you book werms, not forgeting the biggest public library in Europe, the biggest bus route in Europe, the best densly populated area in the world (in 1926), the biggest twat in europe, what was once the best club in the world etc.....

heh.. I am not really a book werm ehhe.. I do enjoy intense sports activities (i.e. I can play basketball in the morning, volleyball in the afternoon, badminton in the evening) and yet have the energy to study at night.

Occasionally, i am can be very into chess games as well. ehe..
Reply 7
eunice
heh.. I am not really a book werm ehhe.. I do enjoy intense sports activities (i.e. I can play basketball in the morning, volleyball in the afternoon, badminton in the evening) and yet have the energy to study at night.

Occasionally, i am can be very into chess games as well. ehe..

Well there are plenty of sports facilities here. Though I hear the Sugden centre is being torn down?
Reply 8
University of Bristol 1
University of Manchester 3
University of Leicester 5
University of Exeter 8
University of Sheffield 4
University of Southampton 7
University of Liverpool 6
University of Birmingham 2
viviki
University of Bristol
University of Manchester
University of Leicester
University of Exeter
University of Sheffield
University of Liverpool
University of Birmingham

Well there have been 3 murders in the last two days in southampton so strike that off, even though it's good for Law.
If you like grey hi-rise buildings Birmingham is for you

Never been to Leicester, but they make cool red cheese there
Manchester...erm...no

Sheffield, never been there either but they have a football team named after a day of the week rather than Rovers/United/City so they are probably more intellectual than sporty when they can't name a team properly

Liverpool is a good place cuz you can go and be all cultural about the beatles and you can take a "FERRRY CROSS THE MERSEEYYY"

Exeter is beautiful, cut off a bit but beautiful nonetheless

Bristol would probably be your best bet, though I still think you should be in a place like London or Manchester..they have high crime rates which if your doing law is something vital to be a lawyer or barrister

Ie. Clients
Reply 10
Danithestudent
Bristol would probably be your best bet, though I still think you should be in a place like London or Manchester..they have high crime rates which if your doing law is something vital to be a lawyer or barrister

Ie. Clients

Hmm.. it doesn't really matter because I am returning back to Singapore after I finished the honours here ehe...

About the murder in Southampton, is it in the University itself?
Reply 11
These would be my 6 choices (in rank order))...

Manchester
Sheffield
Southampton
Bristol
Birmingham
Exeter
Reply 12
eunice
I am waiting for my results to be released in Sept'04 before I can apply for Law in the UK Universities for enrolment in 2005. But I am at a dilema on what are the 6 Universities that I should pen down in my UCAS Form.

I would certainly appreciate if you could rank the 8 universities according to your preference :biggrin:

University of Bristol
University of Manchester
University of Leicester
University of Exeter
University of Sheffield
University of Liverpool
University of Birmingham

Bristolis incredibly hard to get into, and you aware of that? They have 1000 applicants for every place or something. grades isnt enough.

Not sure about the others, remember to get one or 2 with lower grades just incase.

Im at exeter now, and i love it:smile:
for law...those are weird choices overall anyway but:

University of Bristol
University of Manchester

laughing from a great height down at:

University of Birmingham
University of Sheffield
University of Exeter

with:

University of Leicester
University of Liverpool

taking up the rear..hope this helps :smile:
Reply 14
rah
for law...those are weird choices overall anyway

Well, I don't wish to go to a London School + Nottingham doesn't show too much enthusiasm in my 1st Year UOL's LLB + Durham have yet to reply me + Singapore only recognise 16 of the UK Universities for Law in their provisions...

Hence less all the factors above, sadly, I am only left with all those choices :P
Reply 15
Ollie
Bristolis incredibly hard to get into, and you aware of that? They have 1000 applicants for every place or something. grades isnt enough.

Not sure about the others, remember to get one or 2 with lower grades just incase.

Im at exeter now, and i love it:smile:

nod.. nod... I understand that Bristol is kinda hard to get into. But well, they have kind of agreed to give due recognition to my 1st Year UOL's LLB if I managed to attain a certain grade.

As for Exeter, after one of the Law lecturer emailed me and showed how friendly he was, coupled with all the good things I have heard about Exeter, I was quite looking forward to going there as well :smile:
Reply 16
eunice
Well, I don't wish to go to a London School + Nottingham doesn't show too much enthusiasm in my 1st Year UOL's LLB + Durham have yet to reply me + Singapore only recognise 16 of the UK Universities for Law in their provisions...

Hence less all the factors above, sadly, I am only left with all those choices :P

Are oxbridge not recognised then??? Of the ones you mentioned....

University of Bristol
University of Leicester
University of Exeter
University of Birmingham
University of Sheffield
University of Liverpool
University of Manchester

I'm not too sure about the last 5....[shrugs shoulders]...but manchester is like london...similarly liveerpool is too....dunno bout the 3 in the middle.

Bristol is very good...and when i applied....leiscester was in the top ten and its a very nice uni...and exeter has a good rep for law.

G
Reply 17
gzftan
Are oxbridge not recognised then???

Oxbridge are in fact very recognised... but well, they are in London hence I decided not to give it a shot.

As for Manchester and Liverpool, I did a check on the UK map, they are not in London.

The main issue why I am not going to London is probably because of the High Cost of Living. Although I am not the one sponsering my own Education but I wouldn't want my parents to be spending too much I guess.
Reply 18
eunice
Oxbridge are in fact very recognised... but well, they are in London hence I decided not to give it a shot.

As for Manchester and Liverpool, I did a check on the UK map, they are not in London.

The main issue why I am not going to London is probably because of the High Cost of Living. Although I am not the one sponsering my own Education but I wouldn't want my parents to be spending too much I guess.

No!!! They're not in London!! Cambridge is in East Anglia...nearer to Norwich..and Oxford is further inland....they're much cheaper than in London!!!!

G
Reply 19
eunice

University of Bristol
University of Manchester
University of Leicester
University of Exeterbirmingham

University of Sheffield
University of Liverpool
University of Birmingham

Bristol (although bad for crime *apparantly*
manchester
Exeter
sheffield
birmingham
southampton
liverpool
leicester

Latest

Trending

Trending