Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

The 6 Choices on the UCAS Form. Which one should I Choose? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    No!!! They're not in London!! Cambridge is in East Anglia...nearer to Norwich..and Oxford is further inland....they're much cheaper than in London!!!!

G
    Oh is it? Thanks, I always has the asssumption that Oxbridge is together with those UOL's Universities...

Well, I guess I will just have to drop them an email stating whether they would accept my 1st year UOL's LLB as part of the entry requirement or not :P

Thanks Q!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eunice)
    Oh is it? Thanks, I always has the asssumption that Oxbridge is together with those UOL's Universities...

Well, I guess I will just have to drop them an email stating whether they would accept my 1st year UOL's LLB as part of the entry requirement or not :P

Thanks Q!
    No probs....i thought it was odd that you weren't even considering applying to Oxbridge....esp since you're chinese!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    No probs....i thought it was odd that you weren't even considering applying to Oxbridge....esp since you're chinese!!!!

G
    haha.. I am just curious, is there a special relationship between chinese and Oxbridge? hehe...

ReputationRep:
    haha.. I am just curious, is there a special relationship between chinese and Oxbridge? hehe...
    Always!!! Basically...chinese parents want the best for their kids....so always encourage piano lessons and stuff like that...and the best grammar schools cos they prefer not to pay for private ones...andthe best unis and job oriented degrees...like medicine and law...hence....law at cambridge!

Im sure you understand!

G

ReputationRep:
    Always!!! Basically...chinese parents want the best for their kids....so always encourage piano lessons and stuff like that...and the best grammar schools cos they prefer not to pay for private ones...andthe best unis and job oriented degrees...like medicine and law...hence....law at cambridge!

Im sure you understand!

G
    Yup, I understand, that's how chinese parents are. I still remembered my curfew (must be back home by 6pm) ended only when I was 17 years old, after I finished my GCE O' Level...

But fortunately for me, this time I am allowed to pursue my own dreams and make my own decisions.

In fact, in the first place, they strongly opposed the idea of pursuing this dream of mine... They would rather I studied Accountancy, Business or Banking instead. Luckily for me, I managed to persuade them

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I understand, that's how chinese parents are. I still remembered my curfew (must be back home by 6pm) ended only when I was 17 years old, after I finished my GCE O' Level...

But fortunately for me, this time I am allowed to pursue my own dreams and make my own decisions.

In fact, in the first place, they strongly opposed the idea of pursuing this dream of mine... They would rather I studied Accountancy, Business or Banking instead. Luckily for me, I managed to persuade them
    Lol!! My dad always wanted me to be a surgeon...he always make comments about it when i was slicing meat off the roast chicken at dinner!! So annoying!!!! [rolls eyes]

However...a C in AS chemistry soon put paid to that idea...hehe!!

G

ReputationRep:
    ya, chinese parents especially, like to dictate the future for their children.

Well, they always tend to have the traditional mindset that they have seen and experienced the world more than us (chinese saying, "they have eaten more salt than us eating rice"). Hence their decisions are always the best.

I wouldn't deny the fact that they do care for us in that they want us to do well in the future. But sometimes, I just feel that they have neglected our interests and freedom in some ways

But well, they are my parents, of course I wouldn't blame them. hehe..

ReputationRep:
    http://education.guardian.co.uk/high...665242,00.html

crime in bristol is just like any other city, i would presume manchester is worse than bristol.

this might give a bit of an idea about the areas:http://www.homestead.com/rouncefield...soc_dev_17.htm

ReputationRep:
    ya, chinese parents especially, like to dictate the future for their children.

Well, they always tend to have the traditional mindset that they have seen and experienced the world more than us (chinese saying, "they have eaten more salt than us eating rice"). Hence their decisions are always the best.

I wouldn't deny the fact that they do care for us in that they want us to do well in the future. But sometimes, I just feel that they have neglected our interests and freedom in some ways

But well, they are my parents, of course I wouldn't blame them. hehe..
    Yeh..I what you mean....but it just gets a bit suffocating sometimes...that's why i can't wait to get to uni.....freedom!!!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    Yeh..I what you mean....but it just gets a bit suffocating sometimes...that's why i can't wait to get to uni.....freedom!!!!!!

G
    keke.. me too that's why going overseas to study, for me, is the best chance to getting freedom ehhe..

maybe if i get there in 2005, we should meet up, and you probably can show us places where girls hang out in the UK ehhe...

ReputationRep:
    In order of preference,

University of Bristol
    University of Exeter
    University of Birmingham
    University of Manchester
    University of Southampton
    University of Sheffield
    University of Leicester
    University of Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    keke.. me too that's why going overseas to study, for me, is the best chance to getting freedom ehhe..

maybe if i get there in 2005, we should meet up, and you probably can show us places where girls hang out in the UK ehhe...
    Don't take offence...but are you a bloke or a girl?? I can't tell from your name...

W/ regards to where girls hang out....not in my skl....all boys....

G

ReputationRep:
    Don't take offence...but are you a bloke or a girl?? I can't tell from your name...

W/ regards to where girls hang out....not in my skl....all boys....

G
    I am a girl..

eeks.. sorry... i thought you were a 'sister' as well keke...
    My apologies...

ReputationRep:
    I am a girl..

eeks.. sorry... i thought you were a 'sister' as well keke...
    My apologies...
    That's what i thought!! Lol!! Don't worry about it...it's not easy determining sex through words...unless i say something like I LOVE CARS AND BEER AND FOOTBALL!!!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    That's what i thought!! Lol!! Don't worry about it...it's not easy determining sex through words...unless i say something like I LOVE CARS AND BEER AND FOOTBALL!!!!!!

G
    btw, I love sports and football too, although, I would prefer badminton and volleyball. ehhe..

ReputationRep:
    btw, I love sports and football too, although, I would prefer badminton and volleyball. ehhe..
    I love most sports...i play rugby(or did until the recent end of skl rugby)...like football and cricket...also enjoy playing badminton.

Also music!!! I love it soooooo much!! I couldn't live without it!

G

ReputationRep:
    I love most sports...i play rugby(or did until the recent end of skl rugby)...like football and cricket...also enjoy playing badminton.

Also music!!! I love it soooooo much!! I couldn't live without it!

G
    I love music but more of those quiet and soothing ones.. definitely not trance :P or esle my parents will probably kick up a big fuss at home hehe..

ReputationRep:
    I love music but more of those quiet and soothing ones.. definitely not trance :P or esle my parents will probably kick up a big fuss at home hehe..
    God!! I hate trance....it's been fun chatting....but i better go and do some work now....hope the unis get back to you with good news about your possible application.

laters

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    http://education.guardian.co.uk/high...665242,00.html

crime in bristol is just like any other city, i would presume manchester is worse than bristol.

this might give a bit of an idea about the areas:http://www.homestead.com/rouncefield...soc_dev_17.htm
    Thanks Matt

ReputationRep:
    God!! I hate trance....it's been fun chatting....but i better go and do some work now....hope the unis get back to you with good news about your possible application.

laters

G
    Nod. Time for me to go to bed too.. It's almost midnight here. Nice chatting to you

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.