Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    has reminded me of someone that my friend Vicky knows.
    She does holistics and massage therapy (sounds doss but it's quite dangerous actually you can kill people etc.) and a girl on her course is called Chantelle.
    Chantelle is 17 years old and has been studying for HND and finishes in June, she's extremley clever thus why she started her HND at 16. Chantelle lives with her boyfriend since the day before her 16th birthday, in their flat in Brighton. Her boyfriend is 37 and has a kid of a previous relationship.
    Chantelle is pregnant..not by accident but through careful planning and presicion.
    Does anybody else think this is extremley stupid?
    a)They've been together like a year
    b) He was 36 when they started sleeping together (she was 15)
    c)She's miserable
    d)She has spent 2 years and over £4,000 for her course and she is wasting it
    e) They aren't even planning on marrying

I'd just like to hear your thoughts about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    She does holistics and massage therapy (sounds doss but it's quite dangerous actually you can kill people etc.) and a girl on her course is called Chantelle.
    Chantelle is 17 years old and has been studying for HND and finishes in June, she's extremley clever thus why she started her HND at 16. Chantelle lives with her boyfriend since the day before her 16th birthday, in their flat in Brighton. Her boyfriend is 37 and has a kid of a previous relationship.
    Chantelle is pregnant..not by accident but through careful planning and presicion.
    c)She's miserable

I don't ever think it's a good idea to marry so young. That's my opinion anyway...

ReputationRep:
    c)She's miserable

what a bloody stupid girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    what a bloody stupid girl.
    HAHA, I agree (to a large extent anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    HAHA, I agree (to a large extent anyway)
    now that i think about it...seeing as you agree, i disagree!

im off!

ReputationRep:
    Lol Bono, they aren't going to get married

ReputationRep:
    My friend is pretty much the same. Shes really clever was always better than me at school, she left school to get a job in a factory on her 16th birthday and only returned to take her GCSEs which she still passed with 7 or 8 A*-C despite the fact that she did no revision and hadnt attended school in 6 months. She got pregnant when she was 18 and now has 2 kids. SHe doesnt regret having her kids but she could have had such a good career, at one stage she wanted to do law and now she is doing a beauty therapy course and living off the social, her boyfriend is really unreliable they are so on off that she is practically a single mother. She says she wouldnt have her life any other way but i dont really understand it. It seems like such a waste of a good brain.

ReputationRep:
    I dont see anything wrong with a 16 ear old going out with a 40 year old. at least, when i'm 40, i wont see anything wrong with it... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    I dont see anything wrong with a 16 ear old going out with a 40 year old. at least, when i'm 40, i wont see anything wrong with it... :confused:
    Yeah but having a child together......that's just kinda...paedo to me

ReputationRep:
    c)She's miserable

If he slept with her when she was 15, he technically raped her because in the eyes of the law she was still a minder.
    Morally a man of 36 sleeping with a girl aged 15 seems a bit sick on his part.

ReputationRep:
    I agree it seems a bit sick to me.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, i'd like to point out that in the past, it was more than socially acceptable for a man to get married to a minor (around age 9 upwards), and baringa a child around 13-15, often the men were around 30 plus.

I dont agree with this isncident at all, but I cant help but feel its only because of society that we condemn their actions.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.