Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    some guy in mr year keeps going on about his dad making a quantum computer from a grain of sand. of course, everyone just takes the piss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Hmm a bit unusual but not out of the question. I was programming BASIC at age 5 or 6. Kids have learned ancient Greek younger than that!
    10 CLS
    20 PRINT "I RULE!"

ReputationRep:
    Hmm a bit unusual but not out of the question. I was programming BASIC at age 5 or 6.
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm a bit unusual but not out of the question. I was programming BASIC at age 5 or 6. Kids have learned ancient Greek younger than that!
    well arent you shibby. basic was blue, thats all i can remeber about it. my dad tried to teach me, but i was caught up playing gorrilas, u know the banana chucking game. and the original castle wolfenstein or 'wolf 3d' as the more trendy youngsters called it. ah the old days.

ReputationRep:
    I bet you took a apple for teacher every day too!

ReputationRep:
    qbasic was blue, basic was black!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    qbasic was blue, basic was black!
    ah, of course. excuse me, im just recalling the painful sounds of my collection of qbasic games. sounded liek the hard drive was clearing its throat.

ReputationRep:
    No no I mean the good old days when you had to rig your computer up to your TV
    im not that old. but im sure those days were even more shibby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    what, out of lego?
    http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/legobox/

ReputationRep:
    I remember gorillas, that quality game. I also remember nibbles (the original snake). It was in blue but I'm sure you could change it if you wanted.

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    I remember gorillas, that quality game. I also remember nibbles (the original snake). It was in blue but I'm sure you could change it if you wanted.

Adam
    yesYES!! oh you clever man you, ive been trying to remember the name of the original for oh so long.

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic days they were. Adjusting the controls on your cassette player trying to get a game to load for about 3 hours were the highlight of my day.
    well this is true, the fact that you had to work so hard to get some crappy game to work made the game that much more enjoyable!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. Can you remember the Amiga days, everyone had about 500 games but each of them had been played only once and discarded. Gone are the Atari 2600 days when all we had was pacman but could play it 72 hours straight.
    nooo, they have brought out an atari gamepad with all the original atari games except joust, my alltime favourite!

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.