The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever leaked in public, through their clothes?

On Friday I wore linen khaki beige pants and my period is so heavy which lasts a week, every 3wks...

I must've changed my pad at about 3pm+ which wasn't that full and I didn't leak, finish work @6pm but left at about 5.40pm. So when I got home more than an hour later, must've slept at about 1-2am and I noticed there was a leakage on my pants once I took them off and visible to the world

Really hope noone at work saw this, don't care about commuters as they come ago but I must've I hope only leaked at home as I checked by bending over standing at home and putting my head under my legs to check and there was no leak. It must've happened during the night after I got home. I'm really worried now and embarrassed!!! :frown:

OK, should'nt ever wear light clothes when it my time of the month but I do make sure not to wear skirts/ shorts then. I just didn't expect it to be sooo heavy, checked and looked around at the mirror before sleeping, noone must've seen the leak as it was through my trousers directly where my pussy hole would be, since my legs are closed hmm noone could possibly see this unless my legs are wide open

:angry::frown: Feel like crap. It is so heavy now, keep having to change! Gross, hard to do much, just staying in my bed in pj's

Scroll to see replies

you kind of deserve that if you use pads, theyre like nappies for adults, bit weird. use tampons instead and you would not have this worry at all and we wouldnt have to read this pointless thread.
This has never happened to me and I use pads, you might have a particularly heavy flow. Try using pads that have greater absorbancy to prevent leakage and avoid wearing light coloured clothing.
Reply 3
Happened to me once when i was about 15. Thats why i hate using pads and im always paranoid about using them. Mooncups are grate for people with heavy flow they need changing much less often x
Original post by un-jardin-sur-le-nil
you kind of deserve that if you use pads, theyre like nappies for adults, bit weird. use tampons instead and you would not have this worry at all and we wouldnt have to read this pointless thread.

What a pointless response.

Nobody 'deserves' to leak and suffer embarrassment just because they chose to use sanitary pads, it's personal preference, not 'weird'. Do yourself a favour and grow up.
Reply 5
Original post by Zoombini
Happened to me once when i was about 15. Thats why i hate using pads and im always paranoid about using them. Mooncups are grate for people with heavy flow they need changing much less often x

What are mooncups? Thanks for the helpful posts

I tend to use the strong pads and change them after a few hours but I move about a lot with long commutes and tasks. Tampons don't seem ideal, thongs are uncomfortable too and wouldn't want something stuck up there

It was my fault for wearing light trousers but I didn't expect it to happen. Need to ensure wearing thick and dark trousers, as it would at the most only go a bit on the inside of trousers and not out. My sister has had her whole arse damp in blood before which was worse and even had blood go through to the dining room table chair, worse than me. This was once for me and a few inches, not my entire arse as I would've realised then. I'm hoping that it only went through at home and not at work, embarrassed to go in tomorrow still. I try to hold my period blood in and empty it out at the bathroom when I go

I was just wondering if it is a common occurrence for other people :s-smilie:. The closest thing I've had happen was in my late teens when I went to Thorpe Park with friends and was drenched on water rides, wore black trousers. It was only until I got home still drenched with water from water rides, I was concerned as I was bleeding and thought maybe the rides had hurt me but it was obviously an early period but at the time I'd thought I'd got hurt on a ride that made me bleed

It is just so uncomfortable to be on period, can't dance or do much activity, don't feel like going out at times. Painful to do hair removal when on. I can't wait until menopause :rolleyes:. Sometimes I get so paranoid, that I'd want to ask someone if I'm leaking:frown:
I'd recommend trying a mooncup (google it) or tampons to try and avoid it in future. You can't feel tampons if you insert them properly and it means you can almost totally forget you're on until it's time to change. It's such a load off your mind.

Try not to worry about the leaking too much, sure it's embarrassing but these things happen. I leaked once on a plane when I used to only use pads, I was absolutely mortified when I stood up and there was a tiny bit of blood on the seat :colondollar: But you know I'm sure it happens to loads of girls.
Original post by Anonymous
On Friday I wore linen khaki beige pants and my period is so heavy which lasts a week, every 3wks...

I must've changed my pad at about 3pm+ which wasn't that full and I didn't leak, finish work @6pm but left at about 5.40pm. So when I got home more than an hour later, must've slept at about 1-2am and I noticed there was a leakage on my pants once I took them off and visible to the world

Really hope noone at work saw this, don't care about commuters as they come ago but I must've I hope only leaked at home as I checked by bending over standing at home and putting my head under my legs to check and there was no leak. It must've happened during the night after I got home. I'm really worried now and embarrassed!!! :frown:

OK, should'nt ever wear light clothes when it my time of the month but I do make sure not to wear skirts/ shorts then. I just didn't expect it to be sooo heavy, checked and looked around at the mirror before sleeping, noone must've seen the leak as it was through my trousers directly where my pussy hole would be, since my legs are closed hmm noone could possibly see this unless my legs are wide open

:angry::frown: Feel like crap. It is so heavy now, keep having to change! Gross, hard to do much, just staying in my bed in pj's

Poor you, it happens don't worry. I've had it once but not very bad, and my friend had it really bad once too. One idea might be to use a maxi tampon, and then a thin/medium sanitary towel as a kind of safety net just in case. This is what I do and is the best way to not have to worry that I've tried :smile:
Reply 8
Ugh, I used to leak all the time using pads, the worst was when the altitude on the plane made me leak everywhere, or when my bf asked why my jeans had blood on them, pretty sure it happens to most girls so I wouldn't worry!

Is there really a problem if you leak during the night? Just change your sheets? or get an old sheet to put over your sheets just in case you do accidentally leak.
Reply 9
What are mooncups? Thanks for the helpful posts

I tend to use the strong pads and change them after a few hours but I move about a lot with long commutes and tasks. Tampons don't seem ideal, thongs are uncomfortable too and wouldn't want something stuck up there

It was my fault for wearing light trousers but I didn't expect it to happen. Need to ensure wearing thick and dark trousers, as it would at the most only go a bit on the inside of trousers and not out. My sister has had her whole arse damp in blood before which was worse and even had blood go through to the dining room table chair, worse than me. This was once for me and a few inches, not my entire arse as I would've realised then. I'm hoping that it only went through at home and not at work, embarrassed to go in tomorrow still. I try to hold my period blood in and empty it out at the bathroom when I go

I was just wondering if it is a common occurrence for other people :s-smilie:. The closest thing I've had happen was in my late teens when I went to Thorpe Park with friends and was drenched on water rides, wore black trousers. It was only until I got home still drenched with water from water rides, I was concerned as I was bleeding and thought maybe the rides had hurt me but it was obviously an early period but at the time I'd thought I'd got hurt on a ride that made me bleed

It is just so uncomfortable to be on period, can't dance or do much activity, don't feel like going out at times. Painful to do hair removal when on. I can't wait until menopause :rolleyes:. Sometimes I get so paranoid, that I'd want to ask someone if I'm leaking:frown:

Google it. They're menstural cups which you insert in your vagina, they collect the blood and the you take them out and pour away the blood. They're reuseable so you just clean and reinsert. Why dont you like tampons? Maybe a mooncup wouldn't be a good idea if you dont like sticking things up there x
Reply 10

How rude. Do you realise some people physically cant wear tampons?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000
Reply 11
Original post by Findlay6
Ugh, I used to leak all the time using pads, the worst was when the altitude on the plane made me leak everywhere, or when my bf asked why my jeans had blood on them, pretty sure it happens to most girls so I wouldn't worry!

Is there really a problem if you leak during the night? Just change your sheets? or get an old sheet to put over your sheets just in case you do accidentally leak.

That's nice he told you :smile:. Do hope my friends or anyone nice would let me know atleast. It is only embarrassing in public and really shocking. If superdrugs have mooncups, I'm looking into using those and maybe even tampons. Although it sounds bloody painful to stick something up there, the only thing that would maybe pleasant pain is sex but other than that ouch, to have something in there for hours whilst on the move :eek:

not really.
I mean, not every girl is okay with ramming a wad of cotton up her vagina. It may be uncomfortable or painful to insert. If it is new to someone, it can make them nervous -making it impossible to insert if their muscles tighten, and it ca be a jump for such people. Plus she may have issues with TSS.

Different people have different preferences. just because one thing works for you,it doesn't mean it will work for others.

If you leak, i could say you deserve it for not using cups - but that would be stupid, because not everyone wants to shove silicone cups up there.

to answer the OP's question, yes i have leaked - with highest capacity tampons.
It has happened a few times, where i could get through a highest capacity tampon, sometimes combined with a towel, and leak a hell of a lot in an hour.

I did however learn an early warning sign. It's wierd, but my womb actually rumbled; almost as your stomach would - it took me a couple of times to recognise this pattern.

I dunno if its the same with you, or something i just seem to get, but if your womb rumbles, mkae sure your sanitary products are higher capacity
try tampons i don't wear them but my mate says there gods gift to women

My period is really heavy like yours' and although I'm careful, use a menstrual cup as well as a pad and try to wear black, I've still had a fair few accidents.

I once got up from sitting down on a dark blue cloth chair only to see I'd left a 'spot' and a bit later a colleague bent over and stared at it looking puzzled and rubbed at it with a tissue (fortunately it had dried by then) I was mortified. I've leaked onto trousers and had to tie a cardigan round my waist on so many occasions, and the other day I got home from work - I'd been wearing a dark grey and black patterned pleated skirt - to find blood stains on the back of my skirt, which I hope no-one noticed.

In some other countries you can get 'period panties' with a waterproof layer - I want some! http://us.adirawoman.com/
This has happened a few times. So embarrassing!!! I just try to wear dark pants and you may need to change pads more often or try a different brand. I just wear night ones.

I personally don't use tampons as I get bad cramps/general pain in that area and the feeling of having anything there is horrible. Also if I wear a tampons usually have to wear a pad so no point.

If someone doesn't Want to wear a tampon or a pad etc its their personal choice.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 16
I was really uncomfortable at work. Boss is cute, so I was wondering if I'd leaked and he had noticed. My mum also this morning had to have a word with me, as to why my trousers have blood on them, she was mad, said how everyone at work would've laughed at me etc and it made me feel 100x worse as if I didn't already worry about it, I'd tried to take it off but may have to bin the trousers :frown:

At work there's noone to cover me, private sector and I spend 10mins in the bathroom as it is quite far so go max twice a day, generally when not on my period then 0-1 times and the hours are long from 9am-6pm a day. So I'd change in the morning before work, at work and then at home. I'd changed it at work even though there wasn't much on it, do hope I only leaked at after midnight at home as it would've had to have gotten full in a short period of time otherwise. There's only 1 female older lady colleague who would've told me if she'd noticed

Might have to get tested for anemia, as I feel very weak and on my period, feel very light and faint, it slows me down especially in the morning. My sister has anemia and period problems

I'm buying new trousers now. This shouldn't happen again, it isn't something men would be ok with and is awkward, especially at work. Odd thing is, I do use the ultra long lasting night pads :redface:. Thanks, it made me feel better though, that others have a heavy flow too
Reply 17
That's nice he told you :smile:. Do hope my friends or anyone nice would let me know atleast. It is only embarrassing in public and really shocking. If superdrugs have mooncups, I'm looking into using those and maybe even tampons. Although it sounds bloody painful to stick something up there, the only thing that would maybe pleasant pain is sex but other than that ouch, to have something in there for hours whilst on the move :eek:

I think he was more curious and couldn't understand why or how I'd managed to leak haha
I thought the same, but figured if a penis and baby can fit in/out then a tampon should have no problems, and once it's in place you honestly can't feel it, and it "glides" in quite easily.
I was really uncomfortable at work. Boss is cute, so I was wondering if I'd leaked and he had noticed. My mum also this morning had to have a word with me, as to why my trousers have blood on them, she was mad, said how everyone at work would've laughed at me etc and it made me feel 100x worse as if I didn't already worry about it, I'd tried to take it off but may have to bin the trousers :frown:

Might have to get tested for anemia, as I feel very weak and on my period, feel very light and faint, it slows me down especially in the morning. My sister has anemia and period problems

bit harsh of your mum to be mad at you; its not as if you intended for it to happen and you would have avoided it if you could.
I mean its not as if she's never leaked. and if she hasn't, well good for her little miss perfect period. :rolleyes:
I have white bed sheets, and i have leaked on them. I ususally use vanish stain remover on them and that works really well.

YOu probably feel tired on your period, because your iron levels will naturally drop then. The week before eat plenty of food containing iron and take supplements :smile:
My teens were a horrible, horrible time for stuff like this. My periods were ridiculously heavy, long and irregular. I hated to talk about it so always felt like I was the only person...

I have PCOS which basically means my hormones are a bit crazy and my main symptom was ridiculous periods. If you often have heavy periods, then speak to your doctors as there's a number of ways they could help (e.g. mefenamic acid, tranexamic acid - the latter was a god send for me, loved it!). Also, if their usually heavy you may well be anaemic.

These days I take the pill (not for contraceptive reasons, but to regulate my periods etc) and my experience now is world's apart! Occasionally I have a heavy day, but nothing like it used to be. Most of the time I'm okay just wearing pads, but when I was younger I wore tampons and pads and could still flood (it actually took breaking down in tears at the doctors to get her to understand). School was not fun!

From what you described, it doesn't sound like a bad leak, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Quick Reply

Latest