Has anyone ever leaked in public, through their clothes?

Watch
Anonymous #5
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by un-jardin-sur-le-nil)
you kind of deserve that if you use pads, theyre like nappies for adults, bit weird. use tampons instead and you would not have this worry at all and we wouldnt have to read this pointless thread.
What a terrible thing to say, and you are pretty clueless.

Tampons may work fine for girls with lighter flows, but for women with heavier periods they don't work at all. I always had to use super plus WITH a pad and I'd leak through a super plus in 20 mins at the worst bit of my period. People with heavy periods can 'flood' suddenly as well - when that happens, the tampon might as well not be there. Many people have to use pads as 'back up' and even when I do this and use a menstrual cup which holds far more than a tampon, I leak if I can't get to the toilet often enough at work.

OP, I'm sorry your mother was like that. Heavy periods often run in families and my Mum was very supportive. When I'd leaked at school and was mortified, she always helped and told me it used to happen to her, too Honestly, it just happens... you can help to prevent it by using double protection, wearing huge pads and getting to the toilets as often as possible, but sometimes you can't get to the loo and these things happen.
SimpleGirl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Candesense)
This has happened a few times. So embarrassing!!!
I just try to wear dark pants and you may need to change pads more often or try a different brand. I just wear night ones.

I personally don't use tampons as I get bad cramps/general pain in that area and the feeling of having anything there is horrible.
Pretty much the same for me.
AnonymousXOXO
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have really heavy periods and tend to leak quite a lot even after changing my pads every 3 hours. I’m also anaemic which makes me feel really tired and lazy. In my opinion, I wouldn’t feel comfortable wearing a tampon/ moon cup as I hate the thought of sticking something up there. But it’s just personal preference. My periods for some reason are really irregular and although I started about 4 years ago, they still don’t seem to be having any regular start or finish dates which sucks. The first few days are always really heavy and have to change at least 5 times a day. I recommend wearing two maxi pads at night (one normal way round, the other crossing he first like a T) and have a towel underneath you while you sleep. So if there are any leaks u can just wash the towel 😊
Shazza22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can someone please help me, I really need to know if blood shows through dark grey pants!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (545)
51.03%
No (523)
48.97%

Watched Threads