If he invites me, he has to pay.

That's just the way it is.
Agenda Suicide
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't get caught up on numbers.

It depends ona lot, are you both students? Does she earn more?

Sure it might be sweet at first but tbh I think it depends, if she earns the same then only a few, but rather than just concentrating at the beginning just pay every now and then at random intervals if you have the spare cash as a surprise. That way things don't die out and expectations aren't set too high at the beginning.

That and, knowing this will get criticism and negs I'll say it anyway, I feel like paying for dates is kind of desperate. Yeah its sweet but I don't need to flash my cash or be super rich, she should be willing to put in the money because she's interested in me and thinks my company is desireable, not because I'm an alright guy who gets her free stuff.
flora_4lyfe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by PinkyQT)

Yeah, this is usually the way I do it. I am not going to pay if he wants me to go. Its his date to pay for.
The Dufmeister
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Fair play. You go girl.
A Cat
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yeah, date 3 is as far as you'll get with most guys worth being with if you don't reciprocate the sacrifice that he gives unto you. (i.e. you better start sucking *****! [/kidding])
flora_4lyfe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Samrout)
yeah, date 3 is as far as you'll get with most guys worth being with if you don't reciprocate the sacrifice that he gives unto you. (i.e. you better start sucking *****! [/kidding])
He has to work harder than date 3 to get something from me! I'm more classy than that.
The Dufmeister
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Samrout)
Do you mean like prostitution?

You pay only for the pleasure of their company you pervert!
jd66
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It should 50/50 in my opinion, after all equality should work both ways and I'm not sure I'd be interested in the sort of girl who wanted me to pay for everything. Its one thing saying as the guy invited you but as its always expected that the guy asks the girl out I think that's a little unfair. The only exception to the rule should be if one of the 2 people on the date is a lot wealthier than the other person, then them paying is understandable.
Dirac Delta Function
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by flora_4lyfe)
He has to work harder than date 3 to get something from me! I'm more classy than that.
frigid!
A Cat
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The Dufmeister)
Do you mean like prostitution?

You pay only for the pleasure of their company you pervert!
hey! Me and another consenting adult can do whatever we want! That includes drugging young men for sex games!
TizzWazz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I personally would prefer 50/50, a few times I have had squabbles with guys who took me out on dates as they seemed to believe that it was proper for them to do so. I'm an independent modern woman and have money myself to use, not one who relies on a man to pay for everything or open my car door. I don't really understand these 'rules' men have to do to charm a woman. An occasional treat here and there is nice though, and nice to give.

That's me anyway. I have no negativity towards those who like men doing things for them, in some cases it is polite. I just would prefer to pay my own meal.
duharvalgt
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Split it 50/50 every time.
JessNurden
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't believe in the whole 'the guy has to pay'..
Me and my boyfriend will split the bill in half.
But he has treated me to posh dinners, for example important dates, and he paid the whole meal.
Other times, if we go out and have lunch, I pay.
I don't see the reason why guys should pay.
If guys and girls should be equal, why do girls insist basically sponging off the guy - it angers me no end.
Classical Liberal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ideally you should be sharing the burden without actually talking about it.

So don't say, lets go 50/50 or start doing calculations. Introducing market stuff like this into romantic relationships is a disaster.

Hopefully it should be possible for both parties to work out roughly where they stand with each other.
hiding12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

so basically everytime unless you ask men out, which is unlikely
Dark Horse
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Are you aware that there aren't enough words in the english language- hell, the entire lexicon of languages the world over- to describe how incredibly wrong this is. Not only is it wrong in that it is ignorant, but in that it is so incredibly incorrect on a factual level. Holy ****ing God, how stupid can a human being get? In my life I've encountered people who have been unintelligent, yes- I've encountered my share of people who suffered from mental disabilities. People with downs syndrome, autism, and so on. However, I have never once encounted someone so stupid as to be capable of thinking something so unbelievably off-base. I didn't even think it possible that anyone in our plain of existence could ever even have the capacity for this level of idiocy.
Cherriesxo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd actually find it really awkward if I went on a date with a guy and he was paying. I'd want to pay for my meal myself. Any idea how to bring this up whilst on the date without it being awkward?
Rainbows!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I generally play it by ear. My ex worked and I am a student so I have little money usually unless work picks up. For this reason, and we did see each other a while, he payed, however when he was out of work and I was in work, I payed more of the time..

On the first few dates, if they ask you out, they should pay but generally I found guys like to offer so if they offer why not accept! (unless it's getting ridiculous and you've been dating and seeing each other 3x a week and he still forks out for literally, everything).
PinkyQT
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hiding12)
so basically everytime unless you ask men out, which is unlikely
lol exactly, I never have to pay

yay me!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (114)
59.38%
Yes- I don't like it (10)
5.21%
No- I want it (54)
28.13%
No- I don't want it (14)
7.29%

Watched Threads