My flatmates stole my kitchen equipment when they moved out

Watch
Kmd
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I live with these pathetic, spoilt, lazy brats who don't even know how to cook or take a shower. They moved out now -luckily- and most of my kitchen utensils went missing.

Has this ever happened to you? Please suggest ways to contain my wrath.
bambi_eyes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
REVENGE!!!!!

If they live near you then wait for an evening when they're all out and sneak in, take back your stuff (and maybe some of there stuff), fill their bottles of conditioner with hair removal cream, cling film on the toilet etc.

But realistically, is there anyone who you can report it too? If not, then I'm sorry but they'll have a nice shock when they finish uni and realise what its like to live in the adult world
SofiaSalento
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's so mean! Is there a supervisor you can tell?
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you're still in halls, then report it to the university security?

Otherwise, it is technically theft, so you could report it to the police.
Kmd
Rep:
?
Yes I live in halls.However, there was 9 people in the flat and I don't know who was that took my stuff, so who am I going to report? All of them? I 'm afraid the Uni accomodation office isn't going to take this seriously. .
Shelly_x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd chalk this up to a loss and move on. Everyone loses stuff in halls, you won't get it back.
Oh my Ms. Coffey
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Shelly_x)
I'd chalk this up to a loss and move on. Everyone loses stuff in halls, you won't get it back.
I gained a goldfish (I didnt steal it).
BibblyBobbly
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I didn't have to wait until the end of the year to lose my stuff.

Our floor ended up going to other kitchens to whiz stuff on the last day
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
One of my flatmates took my saucepan.
Kmd
Rep:
?
It happened again!It's absolutely ridiculous! The last one of them moved out today and threw away everything that was in the cupboards and fridge! I went out for a couple of hours and when I came back I opened the fridge to get something to eat and everything was gone!! What's wrong with these people?
cl_steele
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kmd)
It happenned again!It's absolutely ridiculous! The last one of them moved out today and threw away everything that was in the cupboards and fridge! I went out for a couple of hours and when I came back I opened the fridge to get something to eat and everything was gone!! What's wrong with these people?
find their new address and rob the blighters blind! Karma
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kmd)
It happenned again!It's absolutely ridiculous! The last one of them moved out today and threw away everything that was in the cupboards and fridge! I went out for a couple of hours and when I came back I opened the fridge to get something to eat and everything was gone!! What's wrong with these people?
What uni?
Kmd
Rep:
?
Uni of Manchester
Miyata
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kmd)
Uni of Manchester
MU or MMU?
Kmd
Rep:
?
University of Manchester. Not MMU.
saim101
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kmd)
I live with these pathetic, spoilt, lazy brats who don't even know how to cook or take a shower. They moved out now -luckily- and most of my kitchen utensils went missing.

You could burn there new accommodation to the ground . Or rob there house and steal your stuff back but with a couple of extra stuff (Interest ).
.Scout.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This always happens in halls. I expected most of my stuff would get lost so anything I moved out with in June was just a bonus.

I wouldn't worry too much about it as I'm sure it wasn't deliberate, malicious theft. Just think, most people have the same plates/spoons/cups etc so while they packed away they might have accidentally taken your stuff.

To the person that suggested calling uni security...lol. What are they going to do? Survey CCTVand hold campus on lock down until the missing kitchen stuff reappears? Just accept that you aren't going to get your stuff back.

Next year buy cheap stuff or keep your things in your room if you're so worried about it.
saim101
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kmd)

You could burn there new accommodation to the ground . Or rob there house and steal your stuff back but with a couple of extra stuff (Interest ).
TobeTheHero
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Argos it.
OMG TOOTHBRUSH
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Track them down and kill them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (132)
14.78%
I'm not sure (40)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (268)
30.01%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.46%
I'm not a current university student (431)
48.26%

Watched Threads