grace...
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
allot of people have been talking about 10 hour day and the best i did was about 5 . I have the lowest attention span

just curious as to how much everyone else did
jada897
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I only did about 2 or 3 hours after school
iSoftie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
1 month before the exam i did like an odd hour or 2 and did a bit more a few weeks but during the jubilee i didnt do anything except for in the weekend and i just did some last minute reading/writing. :/ not a lot as I could have done.
Above.The.Empyrean
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
All my revision was done the night before the exam. For every single subject, and I didn't make revision notes. I was somewhat doleful over my procrastination, but that's what happens when you're as foolish as me :rolleyes:
annaelizabeth26
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ten hours a day is obscene
H011y94
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Above.The.Empyrean)
All my revision was done the night before the exam. For every single subject, and I didn't make revision notes. I was somewhat doleful over my procrastination, but that's what happens when you're as foolish as me :rolleyes:
This is what I did for all of mine (except Sciences, Maths and English which I didn't revise at all) and I still got good grades.

As far as I'm concerned as long as you have a good understanding of the subject you'll be fine without revision at GCSE level - save the 10hours a day for A-Level!
`God
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
nuthin i juzz go to examzzz and gets straite *As hahahaha.

Joking lol, about an hour a day.
overskrill
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did one ICT past paper and some maths past papers, that's it. Had I spent time revising for my three worst subjects I'd probably get all As/A*s, too late now.
Above.The.Empyrean
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by H011y94)
This is what I did for all of mine (except Sciences, Maths and English which I didn't revise at all) and I still got good grades.

As far as I'm concerned as long as you have a good understanding of the subject you'll be fine without revision at GCSE level - save the 10hours a day for A-Level!
Mhm, I didn't revise Maths and English at all. I was haphazard and half-hearted in my approach to the sciences. I only did before-night revision of Geography/History
brightbulb
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A lot less than I should have done... got my maths exam tomorrow an I'm procrastinating on TSR and games...
ToH12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Basically nothing for GCSEs and not a lot more for A2 level :P i remember watching every world cup game no matter what exams i had that day or the next, still managed to do ok 2A*,3A,4B,2D

im worried now that it may not have been the best plan for a level too, especially for math which is horrible. so far for a2 levels i have done 3 days intense studying before each exam and most have gone well enough apart from a math c3 last thursday every other exam should be 70%+ which is not to shabby even think i got 85-90% in a maths test after comparing my answers with arsey on this website

long story short, to much is made of revision especially by girls. i dont see how they can start doing 8 hours a day and they started months ago its a wasteof time imo
Coke1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
To be honest, not a lot. Physics I think would've gone better with a bit more revision, but the rest I don't think would've went any differentley.
Black-lemur
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is for GCSE's? Well this was a general evening:

Mum: "Are you revising?"
Me: "YEAHHHH!"
Mum: "Okay I'll leave you to it."
Me: "Okayyyyy." *reaches for remote*

Then the night before each exam with the revision guide...

Me: "Crap, crap crap!"
LeeM1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
45 minutes revision, masturbate. 45 minutes revision, masturbate. And so on...
username826246
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not much to be honest... I did quite a lot for Science - probably 4 hours per day in the Easter hols, so before exams even started - purely because I suck at science :rolleyes:

But the rest I just did revision the night before, or over the weekend before the exam I reckon if I'd worked harder, I'd have done better, but too late now! I'll have to wait till 23rd August for my results
Octohedral
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by annaelizabeth26)
ten hours a day is obscene
Depends how close to the exam. I couldn't keep it up for a month, but if you have a week with about 3 exams in I'd be well prepared to spend every waking hour revising. It's worth it.
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
1 hour at 2 am on the day of the exam...
D4l3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A week in advance for each subject. The amount of hours varied per subject. For my sciences it was about 20 minutes a day whilst with maths, history and geography it was around an hour leading up to the exam and 3 hours the night before. I was very unorganized and didn't have a schedule. Well, I did but chose to ignore it :P.
iSoftie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by H011y94)

You might have "got" good grades but not sure if you're going to "get" good grades -_-
star10159
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by iSoftie)
You might have "got" good grades but not sure if you're going to "get" good grades -_-
You do realise that sentence does not make sense?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
31.65%
No - I have already returned home (20)
12.66%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
20.89%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.86%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25.95%

Watched Threads