The Student Room Group
Reply 1
bradders
Is it easier to get a ‘B’ grade by sitting the Higher or Intermediate paper? I really don’t think it’s the same, so which is easier?

it's loads easier to get a b on the intermediate paper
Bradders are you in year 11?
Reply 3
I think it's easier to get it on the higher paper and also doing the higher gives you a chance of getting a higher grade as well.
It depends, if you are capable of the more difficult aspects of GCSE Maths than definitely try for Higher since if you work hard you could get an A or even an A*, however if these seem an impossiblity, the intermediate paper does not contain the more difficult concepts and therefore you can work very hard on the easier topics and more easily get a B.
Reply 5
PLEASE I NEED SERIUOS HELP! i am doing the advanced ICT course at college. The only reason they let me in it was coz i had very good grades in my subjects except GCSE MATHS my dumb high school teacher entered me for the higher teir and i was'nt ready for that i was working on the intermediate level and my target was a B.

SO when the results came back i got a big fat U!
i am only allowed to progress to the 2nd year if i get my GCSE grade C! they keep on telling me that i could do sommat equivilant of a GCSE MATHS but i dont know of any such scheme!

I am looking for a way aroung GCSE maths prehaps sommat a bit easier!
please help me for i am thinking about comminting SUACIDE and im not joking!
to get a B in Higher GCSE edexcel maths you need to get around 40 - 45 % which is easyy
Reply 7
I got a B last year and in 2 years of GCSE maths with edexcel didnt fill one medium sized exercise book. If you are capable of a B, it doesn't matter whether its intermediate or higher because you have nothing to lose, with higher if you don't get a C you get a U, but I'm sure if your target is a B a C will be easily attainable.

Latest