The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

RGU Accommodation

Has anyone heard back from RGU about their accommodation? And if so where are you staying?

Scroll to see replies

I'm sure we hear back in July and pay the deposit then
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
Reply 2
Original post by kikimckenzie
I'm sure we hear back in July and pay the deposit then

It depends if you have a conditional/unconditional offer. Condidtionals won't hear back until August - after the exam results. UC's should hear July though.
I'm on the Linksfield Freshers team so anyone staying there... please come out :P
Reply 4
Original post by notanotherusername!
I'm on the Linksfield Freshers team so anyone staying there... please come out :P

.. and to add Linksfield's the best halls! :cool:
No, Woolmanhill is by far the best halls. Rosemount a close second.
Reply 6
Original post by Smack
No, Woolmanhill is by far the best halls. Rosemount a close second.

Distance-wise yeah, but I'd rather a 3/4 bed, with a semi-quiet environment than a prison-like building bombarded by club music and sea-gulls. Rosemount's good but Linksfield had a lot of parties and I liked how Tescos was a 3 minute walk and a sports village was next door. :smile: Also a block down was Trinity Court Halls which provided more company/parties.
Original post by Pharm Boy
Distance-wise yeah, but I'd rather a 3/4 bed, with a semi-quiet environment than a prison-like building bombarded by club music and sea-gulls. Rosemount's good but Linksfield had a lot of parties and I liked how Tescos was a 3 minute walk and a sports village was next door. :smile: Also a block down was Trinity Court Halls which provided more company/parties.

When I was in Woolmanhill I had a full sized (single) bed and honestly it wasn't that noisy apart from the weekend and Wednesdays. If it was and you needed to study the library is just a few minutes walk away. It was also close to Farmfoods and Morrisons which are much cheaper than the Tesco Express you speak of.

Plus in Woolmanhill you don't need taxis to get into town, because you're already there. :wink:
Reply 8
I am moving into Ardmuir Student Accommodation in August, does anyone know of anyone else moving here?
Reply 9
Original post by bashx16x
I am moving into Ardmuir Student Accommodation in August, does anyone know of anyone else moving here?

Lucky! I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I've got Ardmuir as my first choice.
Reply 10
Original post by JGMycroft
Lucky! I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I've got Ardmuir as my first choice.

Really? Did you apply to them privately and not through the uni? I am still waiting to receive a letter through the post but I emailed the lady and she told me the basic information and was sending me out another letter which I still havnt received and she's on annual leave until the 11th! What uni are you going too? And what are you going to study? Hope you hear soon

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 11
Original post by bashx16x
Really? Did you apply to them privately and not through the uni? I am still waiting to receive a letter through the post but I emailed the lady and she told me the basic information and was sending me out another letter which I still havnt received and she's on annual leave until the 11th! What uni are you going too? And what are you going to study? Hope you hear soon

I applied through the uni so maybe that's why? DId you do it privately? I'm heading to RGU to do a MA in Library studies. I hope I hear soon too! It'll be one more thing out of the way before leaving the country haha.
Reply 12
Original post by JGMycroft
I applied through the uni so maybe that's why? DId you do it privately? I'm heading to RGU to do a MA in Library studies. I hope I hear soon too! It'll be one more thing out of the way before leaving the country haha.

Yeah I just did it privately. Phoned up to get a viewing time then signed the papers there and then! Oh sounds good how long is your course for? I'm going to RGU to do accounting and finance! Got a long 4 years ahead of me. Hahha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
What are the best rgu halls
Original post by RachelGormley1
What are the best rgu halls

Depends what you're looking for. Woolmanhill is the party place and very central but not very nice, whilst rosemount (that's where I stayed) is nice and central but not quite as noisy. St. Peter's is identical to rosemount just not quite as central - though I live near there now and it's not bad at all. Linksfield is bang next to Aberdeen sports village so if you're a gym bunny or sporty person then that may be best for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone considering garthdee flats? Anyone know if its good?
Applied for garthdee flats :smile: cant wait to go there :smile:
Reply 17
The website says applications don't open until the 12th of May, how have you applied already?
Original post by Mokima
The website says applications don't open until the 12th of May, how have you applied already?
hello
mokima i was on the phone to them and they said if i put it down on my application they will consoder me
Reply 19
So the website isn't misleading me then? I'm hoping for Garthdee too, so you can imagine my horror when you said you'd applied already. :tongue:

When you said put it down on your application, what do you mean? Put what down?

Quick Reply

Latest