This discussion is closed.
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
just saw this while browsing:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/fairtrade/...158281,00.html

the question is do you/would you (i know many here dont actually do the food shopping as living at home) buy fairtrade products?
onlylittleme
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
just saw this while browsing:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/fairtrade/...158281,00.html

the question is do you/would you (i know many here dont actually do the food shopping as living at home) buy fairtrade products?
At my school we have fairtrade chocolate, and in principle it is such a good idea, but when it comes down to it, to be completely honest when I only have 40p on me I would rather get the better, cheaper cadburys chocolate than the slightly more expensive, fairtrade which is usual only pure chocolate. However should I go shopping for food for home, I would definitely consider buying fairtrade, its only fair.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by onlylittleme)
At my school we have fairtrade chocolate, and in principle it is such a good idea, but when it comes down to it, to be completely honest when I only have 40p on me I would rather get the better, cheaper cadburys chocolate than the slightly more expensive, fairtrade which is usual only pure chocolate. However should I go shopping for food for home, I would definitely consider buying fairtrade, its only fair.
We have Fair Trade chocolate at our school too - but no one really buys it. I think people are put off buying Fair Trade chocolate because it is slightly more expensive... and also because they think it is not as good quality, but that's changing.
riffraff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if I have a quid I will but the pack of nine cookies, but the chocolate covered raisins and stuff are quite expensive
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (33)
8.38%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (33)
8.38%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (88)
22.34%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (52)
13.2%
No, nothing has changed (118)
29.95%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (70)
17.77%

Watched Threads