The Student Room Group

Where to now? Feeling lost...

Hi, I hope this is the right place to post this, but I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I havent been able to sleep much due to worrying so much and I really feel that I need to do something about it.
So I just finished doing AS: Chemistry, Psychology and Biology at college. And well to be honest, I'm pretty sure I failed them all... If I had to tell you why, then I'd say it was due to personal health issues, poor studying/organization and bad subject choices.
I got 11 GCSE's all grade B to A apart from Maths which I got a C in...

Anyway, I'm really not sure what to do now. Originally I had wanted to go onto to do Biological Sciences at Uni but I don't see that happening now. In fact I can't see much of a future at the moment :frown:
I'm thinking of retaking AS psychology as I was 1 mark away from a C in the Unit 1 exam in January. But I have no idea what other subjects to do with this and/or if a college will take me on, knowing how badly I did, this last year...? :confused:

I was thinking of maybe Sociology or Spanish with the Psychology, but then again I have no idea what else I'd do with that or what I could go on to do at University with those...
Any advice? :frown: Would be much appreciated... Thank you
i think retaking in january would be a good idea. then you need to start revising very early for your retakes + jan exams.
for university, if you do well in a2 (better than AS) then you should take a gap year and reapply for the courses you want.

dont panic, and dont do anything drastic. this happens to a lot of people. you just need to work vary hard from now on.

dont change subjects unless you really dont enjoy doing your current ones. if you've done the subject once you'll pick it up again quicker.
Reply 2
Original post by I smell like maths
i think retaking in january would be a good idea. then you need to start revising very early for your retakes + jan exams.
for university, if you do well in a2 (better than AS) then you should take a gap year and reapply for the courses you want.

dont panic, and dont do anything drastic. this happens to a lot of people. you just need to work vary hard from now on.

dont change subjects unless you really dont enjoy doing your current ones. if you've done the subject once you'll pick it up again quicker.

Yeah I guess... I absolutley hate the subjects I picked, well Chemistry anyway so I guess I'll retake Biology and Psychology maybe... thanks for your help!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending