Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey!! im doing a A2 coursework on the effect of gibberellic acid on plant growth...using barley seeds...
    i ave no idea how to go abt dis!!! can ne1 help me..who may av already don dis??? plzzzzzzzzzzz
    i need to knw a method...and plan.....plzzzz
    thnxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pee wee)
    hey!! im doing a A2 coursework on the effect of gibberellic acid on plant growth...using barley seeds...
    i ave no idea how to go abt dis!!! can ne1 help me..who may av already don dis??? plzzzzzzzzzzz
    i need to knw a method...and plan.....plzzzz
    thnxx
    :confused: I didn't realise you could get gibberellic acid....i know of abscissic acid and gibberellins...but not gibberellic acid...

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    :confused: I didn't realise you could get gibberellic acid....i know of abscissic acid and gibberellins...but not gibberellic acid...

G
    Gibberelins are gibberelic acids! They mediate plant responses to light.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.S.)
    Gibberelins are gibberelic acids! They mediate plant responses to light.

Ben
    Really?!?!? Woah!! I never knew that!! Oh well....i'll just call them gibberellins,

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Really?!?!? Woah!! I never knew that!! Oh well....i'll just call them gibberellins,

G
    soooo............no method den??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pee wee)
    soooo............no method den??
    Sorry...no...i don't know much about using them in practise...sorry

G

ReputationRep:
    your better of doing some research: u might find more detailed info
    I think gibberellin - aids the germination of the seed: (when seed is in contact with water- embryo secretes the plant hormone gibberellin-- then a series of enzyme reactions occur (digests starch to maltose) so the embryo can take in. Also it is involved in stem elongation (if the plant has the gene that codes for the active form of gibberellin that it will grow long .

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.