The Student Room Group

Experiment: What grades do you predict for yourself?

Scroll to see replies

Worst Case Scenario - ABCC
Best Possible Day - AAAB

Not very confident on Maths, might surprise myself, probably not the way I'd like!
AS levels

Biology- A A
Chemistry- A/B
Maths- A/B (worst case scenario)
Physics- no idea, most likely U* A

*yeah, my physics department is crap :unimpressed:
Never even finished unit 2 content and the coursework was a joke (made us do it the week before our exams) so I'm screwed!

Edit: Haha! Did so much better than I thought I would. Turns out my hard work in Physics paid off. A's in Unit 1 and coursework and a high B in the exam. So ridiculously happy! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Astronomical
I got an A*, but did it last year hence why I didn't put it on my list. :h: I have rather an odd situation this year, too, as I cannot get an A in further maths; I'll either get an A* or a B. :eek:

Indeed, it does. Chemistry and I have a love-hate relationship, by which, I mean that chemistry loves to hate me. :frown:

I need AAA though so hopefully it didn't go as badly as I fear. :unimpressed: How about you?

I'm only in year 12 :P but i love chemistry lol. My situation is odd with maths as i'm doing it across three years with 2 units a year. I'm hoping for an A* equivalent in MPC3.
Realisticly i'd need A*(Maths)AAAA(AS) to stop my parents from moaning, not sure how realistic that is due to a bad MFP1 grade.
Ok, here goes...this is what I think I'll get:

AS OCR Sociology - A
AS AQA English Language - B
AS AQA English Literature - C
AS Edexcel Graphic Design - E
Predicting:

Physics - A
Chem - A*
Maths - A*
Further maths AS - A

I think I'll have just missed the A* in physics but I'm still living in hope :smile:
Does predicting uuuuuu at AS give me anti-jinx luck? If it does that is my prediction :smile:

I think did okay. I don't want to resit anything but, unless the S2 grade boundaries are very generous, I probably will end up resitting :sadnod:

I think I'll probably get aaaaab with the b in English Literature. I had such a bad migraine in that exam that I collapsed 30mins before the end. It's a shame because I really enjoyed the material but I'll probably drop English Literature as a result.
Original post by vedderfan94
Predicting:

Physics - A
Chem - A*
Maths - A*
Further maths AS - A

I think I'll have just missed the A* in physics but I'm still living in hope :smile:

Hey, I remember you from the Physics applicants thread.

I'm expecting results for the exact same subjects as you, for me the most likely case is A*AAa but ïn the event that I do the impossible :tongue: A*A*A*a, I was thinking of trying for Oxbridge.
A2 English Literature - A (Maaaaybe an A* if I'm lucky - got full marks in the CW!)
A2 History - A (Although I'd be happy with a B so long as the uni give me some leeway with the grades I need..!)
A2 Chemistry - C (I'd be very happy with a B but can't see it after my coursework marks)

I'm also 99% sure I've passed my Welsh Bacc so... aah! I'm both excited but nervous for Thursday now!
A2 Maths- A (A)
A2 Chem- A* (A)
A2 Biology- A/B (A)
A2 Spanish- A (B? wth wjec -.-)
EPQ- A (A)
General Studies A (A)

Need AAAPass (A to be in chem and bio unfortunately (:cry2:))

EDIT: Made my offer! :woo:
(edited 11 years ago)
A2 Predictions:

AQA English Lit Exam: B
Overall: A (got 58/60 on my coursework)

EdExcel Maths C4: B
EdExcel Maths M1: B
Overall: B

AQA Psychology PSYA3: A
AQA Psychology PSYA4: C
Overall: B

I need AAB for my firm, ABB for my insurance.
Reply 90
I'm pretty sure I can correctly predict mine...it's kinda easy to tell i think

A2 English Language - B
A2 Economics - B
A2 German - C (Hopefully a B though, completely messed the exam up) :redface:
Reply 91
So with one more day left to go, I thought it'd be fun to calm our nerves and play a little game.

If you're collecting your results tomorrow, for A-levels, write down what grades (feel free to include a UMS mark if you're feeling particularly detailed) you feel you'll most likely receive, in this format;

*Name*
Subject 1 name: *grade*
Subject 2 name: *grade*
Subject 3 name: *grade*
Subject 4(?) name: *grade*

- I will edit this post with your names and predicted grades below. Then, once your actual results have come out, post again (here), with the grades you actually received!- this way we'll be able to tell if people overestimate, or underestimate their abilities by comparing what you thought you'd get and what you got.

Hopefully this'll be a thread that'll give hope (or despair) to next year's nervous lot awaiting results!

THE LIST- AS grades are posted in lower case letters

. . .
Economics: A*/ A
Biology: A
Chemistry: A/ B
EPQ: A
Physics: b

joker12345
Maths: A/ B
Physics: B
Chemistry: C

Pensivedore
Ancient History: D
Law: A
English Literature & Language: D
EPQ: B

Codle
English Literature: C
German: B
History: C
Sociology: C

Justneedhelp
Maths: A
Economics: A
Psychology: A

ian111199
ICT: B
Media: D
Psychology: D/ E

Tench
Maths: A/ A*
Further Maths: A/ A*
Biology: A/ B

Placebo101
History: A
Economics: B
General Studies: A

WayneCorp101

Sucess
Economics: E
Applied ICT: C/ D
Maths: B/ C/ D

Hazletts
Religious Studies: A/ B
History: A/ A*

Caycemerieeh
English Literature: E
Sports BTEC: Merit
Sports & Exercise Science BTEC: Pass/ Merit
Psychology: E

JodieP
Psychology: C
Sociology: A
Drama & Theater Studies: B

DeelyBopper
Psychology: B
Biology: B
English Literature: B

nmudz_009
Chemistry: B
Biology: B

ThatStudentDude
Sociology: A
English Language: B
English Literature C
Graphic Design: E

Cythreill
History: A
Statistics: B
Geography: B

Confused Dot Com
Chemistry: A/ A*
English Literature: A/ B
Maths: A/ A*

Jam'
Maths: A*
Further Maths: A
Chemistry: B
Biology: C
English Language: A

Jak
French: U
German: U
Geography: U

Damsel007
Economics: a
Biology: b
Chemistry: b
Maths: d

a5a09
Chemistry: A
Further Maths: A*
Maths: A*
(achieved)

Sarabande
Philosophy & Ethics: A
Biology: A/ B
Physics: A/ B

son234
Physics: C

Maths: B
Chemistry: c
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 92
Name: . . .
Economics: A*/A
Chemistry: A/B
Physics (AS): B
Name ... maybe not.
Maths: A/B
Physics: B
Chemistry:C

Not looking good as I need AAAC ...
Name: Pensivedore
Ancient History: D
Law: A
English Language and Literature: D
EPQ: B

Based on how the exams went for me, I think this is realistic. So I'm screwed, basically.
Reply 95
Name: codle
English Lit: C
History: C
Sociology: C

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Name: Justneedhelp
Watch me end up getting all Cs or something LoL!
Reply 97
Ict:B
Media: D
Psychology: d or e
Reply 98
I know this possibly isn't the right topic to be posting in, but in honesty I can't be arsed finding the most suitable one.

I just wanted to wish all those who are getting their results on Thursday good luck! Hopefully you'll get the grades you need/want to get into your firm choices or to go on to whatever job you possibly have lined up!

I also wanted to stress how important it is to remember that these results, either way, are not the end of the world. I, myself, fell quite short of expectation in my A-Levels and ended up at my insurance Uni at Nottingham Trent - And there isn't one part of me three years on that doesn't regret being there instead of my firm at all. This isn't anything against Leeds (my firm) as I loved the Uni, love the city etc. I have had such an amazing time over the last three years though whilst at Nottingham that it really made me realise how not getting my firm wasn't the disaster I thought it was this time three years ago. Even if you miss your insurance offer as well, it isn't the end of the world, options are there for you to either go through clearing or to go through a year out etc that in the long term, it really makes little difference if what comes on Thursday wasn't what you hoped for! (With regards to clearing, I had a friend who ended up going to Sheffield Hallam after missing out on both her firm and insurance - She has just last week got her first job in the career she wanted at a better pay than she had expected to get in the first place. Just goes to show that whatever happens on Thursday, your dream career or job or whatever is still waiting for you, regardless of what happens. All you're doing is determining a more accurate path for yourself).

As I say, good luck for Thursday and hopefully everyone here will get what they hope for - And enjoy the next three years, it truly is an experience of a lifetime!

Good luck trying to sleep easily tomorrow night too, that's the hardest night sleep you'll ever get! :wink:
Reply 99
Maths: A/A*
Further Maths: A/A*
Chemistry: A/B
Biology: A/B

Although I need AAB for my firm and maybe those predictions are a bit of a stretch (even though they're close to my original predicteds)

Good luck all

Quick Reply

Latest