The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge Lower Sixth!

hi guys,
just did this challenge and found it very hard. won't be telling you anymore than that though. I was just wondering if it is externally marked and when we will get our mark. Also how did you all find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey i found it quite challenging, i think your teachers mark it i doubt they get externally marked
what did you get for the last question i was on it for ages!
13.5 for me :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by babyjustin
hi guys,
just did this challenge and found it very hard. won't be telling you anymore than that though. I was just wondering if it is externally marked and when we will get our mark. Also how did you all find it?

its internal marking i was looking for my chem teacher today but i couldnt find her

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 4
I got a Copper award :biggrin:
Original post by Livvy99
I got a Copper award :biggrin:

cambridge havent sent the grade boundaries yet...
Reply 6
Original post by Theafricanlegend
13.5 for me :frown:

how did you find out??? was it through your teacher??
how did you find out??? was it through your teacher??

teacher should tell you by now, 0.5 mark off a copper
Reply 8
teacher should tell you by now, 0.5 mark off a copper

havent heard anything from my teacher - when did they decide the boundaries for awards?
havent heard anything from my teacher - when did they decide the boundaries for awards?

you should talk to him then.
Reply 10
you should talk to him then.

i cant, on holiday. Guess will have to wait until term starts again.
when did they decide the boundaries for awards?

Pretty much straight away, they go by % of students achieving above a certain mark.

I heard last week and got the certificates through for my lot on like thursday. They were pretty quick!
Reply 12
Original post by gingerbreadman85
Pretty much straight away, they go by % of students achieving above a certain mark.

I heard last week and got the certificates through for my lot on like thursday. They were pretty quick!

I managed to get a copper award, lol! I thought it was really hard!! Do you reckon it's worth mentioning that I was entered for the paper on my personal statement, or will my not particularly great result just be detrimental....
"detrimental"?

If you won bronze at the Olympics, would you be afraid to mention that because you didn't win gold?

Any achievement will make you stand out. A copper award, although seemingly "low" still represents an achievement given that those sitting the paper will all be passionate enough about chemistry to VOLUNTEER to sit a 90min ball-breaker of a test!
What was the lowest award?
Reply 15
Original post by gingerbreadman85
"detrimental"?

If you won bronze at the Olympics, would you be afraid to mention that because you didn't win gold?

Any achievement will make you stand out. A copper award, although seemingly "low" still represents an achievement given that those sitting the paper will all be passionate enough about chemistry to VOLUNTEER to sit a 90min ball-breaker of a test!

I got a Silver Award!!! Would I put this on my personal statement??
Ah so jealous, my teacher didn't even sign anyone from my school up but I wanted to do this so badly.
Reply 17
hi, can you tell me what sort of questions came up please.
Reply 18
Mark scheme anyone?
I did this Thursday. Wasn't in yesterday so haven't heard. Probably didn't do too well, because we weren't allowed IR absorption data... So how on earth was I meant to suggest structures and functional groups?!

If I had a book I'd have done a lot better I think :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending