The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Perhaps they don't want boyfriends
Reply 21
Because they've confused what they like on men with what men like on them.
it's disgusting.
Reply 23
Probably because they think it will look cool. Derp.
Reply 24
I think, on the right girl, it can look pretty cute. On most girls though, it just looks awful and unattractive. :tongue:
On a select few girls it looks lovely, I think it looks nice on Ellie Goulding for example.

On most it looks hideous and reminds me of the poor dog on the Specsavers advert where it comes out half-shaved :tongue:
A girl I used to go to school with had something like this done and she posted pictures of it on Facebook. Turns out she had a cube-shaped head all this time that her hair was masking, and now she looks like Lil from The Rugrats, LoL.

[''] <---artist's impression of head shape and style.
I hope we look back at this hairstyle in 20 years time and laugh at it like we do with mullets and perms
I read "girls" and "shaven" and clicked.
Reply 29
Swear that was last year?
Horrible cut.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_S2bc0aHZW28/TPZcSE-ztTI/AAAAAAAAAgY/oWQS1V2J8d4/s1600/untitledafa.bmp

Why not go full 80's mink and shave everything but the fringe off???
Oh I don't mean like a trendy mullet, like the chinese style ones that people usually get for the sort of back combed scene-ish look. I mean the horrible ones from the 80's that looked ridiculous :P
You do all realise that this is actually an offshoot of the skingirl haircut that originated from the 70's/80's... right?

It has **** all to do with Rihanna :lol:
Original post by Drunk Punx
You do all realise that this is actually an offshoot of the skingirl haircut that originated from the 70's/80's... right?

It has **** all to do with Rihanna :lol:

It has kinda, she popularised it, girls aren't doing it because of the style in the 70/80s, they're doing it because of her. It's a little annoying actually, that's why a lot of people are wearing creepers these days and there is also an onslaught of black and white striped blazers, I remember when I had to search high and low to find somewhere that sold creepers a few years ago :rolleyes:
It's good on some girls and horrible on others. Just like any other hairstyle really.
Original post by Ocarinaoftime
It has kinda, she popularised it, girls aren't doing it because of the style in the 70/80s, they're doing it because of her. It's a little annoying actually, that's why a lot of people are wearing creepers these days and there is also an onslaught of black and white striped blazers, I remember when I had to search high and low to find somewhere that sold creepers a few years ago :rolleyes:

No she didn't, she merely had her hair cut to a variant of it.

I could be really pedantic and offer that the female cast of This Is England brought it back "into style", but I'm not in a pedantic mood right now. Maybe later :h:

I could be really pedantic and offer that the female cast of This Is England brought it back "into style", but I'm not in a pedantic mood right now. Maybe later :h:

But she did haha, variant or not she is in the spotlight and girls draw inspiration from her, it's pretty obvious that the sudden rise in the haircut being sported by girls is because Rihanna had it? which is why everyone is wearing the black and white striped blazers and such too, you could argue that it originated from Beetlejuice, but at the end of the day people are wearing them because of her not because of Beetlejuice. It's pretty clear Rihanna's fashion has established a strong foothold amongst girls and a lot of them think that if they mimic her it'll make them cool.

I'm not saying the hairstyle back in the 70's/80's or whatever wasn't popular, I'm saying that in the past year and a half Rihanna has made the hairstyle popular again.
Original post by foxes-are-ginger
skrillrex : (

Skrillex is a she?!

Yeah but you'd be wrong. Fashion comes around, and Rihanna and etc caused it. Do you really think someone from that program caused a worldwide fashion trend? It's origins may lie in some 70s haircut, but it's popularity and as it stands today is a result of people like Rihanna.

Original post by Danielle89
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_S2bc0aHZW28/TPZcSE-ztTI/AAAAAAAAAgY/oWQS1V2J8d4/s1600/untitledafa.bmp

Why not go full 80's mink and shave everything but the fringe off???

Ah! :lol: That's brilliant.

Latest

Trending

Trending