if you fail paper 1 and pass paper 2, can you still pass the exam ? Watch

This discussion is closed.
colourwave
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
if you fail paper 1 or part of paper1 in maths at standard grade but pass paper 2. Can you still pass the exam
koolkate
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by colourwave)
if you fail paper 1 or part of paper1 in maths at standard grade but pass paper 2. Can you still pass the exam
Paper 2 worth more (5-10) marks than paper 1 so you will only pass your exam if you pass paper 2 with really good marks
TheFOMaster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by colourwave)
Depends how much you fail paper 1 by and how much you pass paper 2 by. If your a mark failed and mark passed you might still pass. If you bomb paper 1 and just pass paper 2 you'll fail. If you just fail paper 1 and Ace Paper 2 you might just be able to pull a 1/3/5 instead of a 2/4/6/7.
kohlsss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
can we be promoted to AS and A levels if we pass the subject overall and we fail one paper in the subject. i really need to know because im freaking out i did really bad in english paper 3, environment paper 2, and french paper 4 so im freaking out right now and the other papers went good. so can someone tell me if i can be promoted to the next grade if i pass the subject overall. grade G is the lowest i can earn which i a 1. im in igcse 10th grade and i finished my exams today thanks
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads

Latest