The Student Room Group

View from the bridge help needed

I have to write an essay on the following topic "Closely analyse Boxing Scene form "A View form the bridge" for dramaric Effect and impact on the audience"
the whole essay should cover
1. Language (layers of language) - what the hell i should write about here -violent language?
2. effect of character and action - i don't get it should i just describe the character and what they do in the scene?
3. effect of dramatic devices/ structers - this one is ok
4. social/ historical setting - easy

So did anyone do anything similar and can give me any ideas on the first two points? Or does anybody know good websites where i can get something that will help?
Sonata
I have to write an essay on the following topic "Closely analyse Boxing Scene form "A View form the bridge" for dramaric Effect and impact on the audience"
the whole essay should cover
1. Language (layers of language) - what the hell i should write about here -violent language?
2. effect of character and action - i don't get it should i just describe the character and what they do in the scene?
3. effect of dramatic devices/ structers - this one is ok
4. social/ historical setting - easy

So did anyone do anything similar and can give me any ideas on the first two points? Or does anybody know good websites where i can get something that will help?

I remember doing the play at the start of my GCSE course, but it's too long ago, and i really can't remember. Look closely at the dialogue, highlight the violent language, and what it insinuates. Look at the actions of the character - and the impact their actions have on the audience and other characters.
Reply 2
Oh come on people, any more ideas?
Reply 3
ummm
look at stage directions, r they written as stage directions or do u infer them from wot ppl say? l
ook at ppls reactions to wots goin on? wot do they feel/ wot r they doin about it/ why is thia important?
write about the underlying family tension (think edddie & c and eddie& b).
wots the real objective in the boxing match? write about the idea of proving masculinity
gd luck

Latest

Trending

Trending