The Student Room Group

AQA textiles gcse exam

How did everyone find it???

Why do they ask such irrelevant questions :frown: i was really looking forward as I revised a great deal...guess it didn't pay off.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The embroidery stitches isn't even in the textbook!
Didn't go great, and was rushed for time so badly
Reply 2
ahhh, so I guess I'm not the only one who found this paper absolutely suicidal :')
Reply 3
can someone please post the answers

does anyone know how many marks you need to get a C for the exam?
Reply 4
well our teacher told us 72/120 for a C but she isn't sure
I thought this was going to be a thread about mickey mouse gcses. Whops!
Reply 6
Original post by Sapphirex
How did everyone find it???

Why do they ask such irrelevant questions :frown: i was really looking forward as I revised a great deal...guess it didn't pay off.

yh i agree
hello
how did you find the exam?
i found it ok
what did you put for the recylced material question? i put oxfam shops and i put curtains down, dresses, toys with patchwork things on them, things like that
what construction did you put for the last question i chose weft and i said it is strong i doesnt drape allot, those kind of things
what did you put for the children's toy? i put sounds, LEDS lights,
what did you put for the question about the police? i chose said fluroscent see in the dark
oh yeah that was the question about the baby vest i chose the CE sign and the dry clean one wasnt sure which one to choose??!!
anyway i hope you did well
Reply 7
Original post by dgdlalo16
yh i agree
hello
i found it ok
what did you put for the recylced material question? i put oxfam shops and i put curtains down, dresses, toys with patchwork things on them, things like that
what construction did you put for the last question i chose weft and i said it is strong i doesnt drape allot, those kind of things
what did you put for the question about the police? i chose said fluroscent see in the dark
oh yeah that was the question about the baby vest i chose the CE sign and the dry clean one wasnt sure which one to choose??!!
anyway i hope you did well

HEY PEEPS HOW DID YOU FIND IT?

oh dear, that recycling question was horrible, i just blabbed :frown:
for the last question i put warp knitted because it strectches without changing shape so the baby can move easily, and it insulates to keep the baby warm. i was about to change my 3rd point but we had to put our pens down :frown:
for the childrens toy i put sounds, LED and heat but idk if that counts lol :tongue:
the vest one was CE and the organic world symbol i think, thats what i put
Reply 8
Original post by Sammy95
HEY PEEPS HOW DID YOU FIND IT?

oh dear, that recycling question was horrible, i just blabbed :frown:
for the last question i put warp knitted because it strectches without changing shape so the baby can move easily, and it insulates to keep the baby warm. i was about to change my 3rd point but we had to put our pens down :frown:
for the childrens toy i put sounds, LED and heat but idk if that counts lol :tongue:
the vest one was CE and the organic world symbol i think, thats what i put

i put weft which i think now is annoying
i didnt put the organic thing i put dry cleaning i think :frown:
what did you put for the just checking thingy?
Reply 9
I realllyyyyy hope the grade boundaries are low D:, 2hours seems like a long time but I could have killed for more!!! The 2010 paper was the kind of paper I was looking forward to...evidently not!!!

For the last question I put Knitted :L and the recycling question 8marks?!??!?

What did you guys put for the modern fastening or something? :smile:

On the bright side...SUMMERRRR!!!:biggrin:

Reply 10
Original post by Sapphirex
I realllyyyyy hope the grade boundaries are low D:, 2hours seems like a long time but I could have killed for more!!! The 2010 paper was the kind of paper I was looking forward to...evidently not!!!

For the last question I put Knitted :L and the recycling question 8marks?!??!?

What did you guys put for the modern fastening or something? :smile:

On the bright side...SUMMERRRR!!!:biggrin:

i didnt put knitted down
the police questions was stupid i thought
what did you put for 3 advantages of using Computer?
also what did you put down on the colured pictures showing a laser cutter , zig zag scissors and there was something else i couldnt get
i put down hand laser cutter :frown:
Reply 11
[QUOTE="dgdlalo16;38257345"]yh i agree
hello
i found it ok
anyway i hope you did well[/QUOTE

For th recycled I put plastic Bottles being made into pellets them melted and spun into fibres I put glass being recycled into glass beads I put vintage or old used clothes being deconstructed and the fabric used and waste /surplus fabric also used
I put led lights flashing , sounds from mouth,
For the baby vest I out weft knit because it it warm, soft and comfortable and strong and hard wearing
What else is on e labels??
Reply 12
i put weft which i think now is annoying
i didnt put the organic thing i put dry cleaning i think :frown:
what did you put for the just checking thingy?

confused, what just checking thingy? :confused:
Reply 13
Original post by V909
What else is on e labels??

i put the fibres its made from, the size and the place of manufacture eg made in china
Reply 14
i didnt put knitted down
also what did you put down on the colured pictures showing a laser cutter , zig zag scissors and there was something else i couldnt get

for computer i put detailed designs, repeated accurately and quicker than humans.

for the pictures i put paper pattern cutter, i just checked the cgp book it said pattern master :frown: and for the laser one i cant remember what i put, but i said it was to make stencils. the other two were pinking shears and fabric shears
Reply 15
Original post by Sammy95
i put the fibres its made from, the size and the place of manufacture eg made in china

Ohhh no I put iron and wash instructions and the designers name :frown: is that right ?
Reply 16
i didnt put knitted down

For the cam I put cost efficient. Because einceeased products produced and lower labour costs
Accurate and follows the design precisely and a consistent quality
faster than what humans can do is that right?
Reply 17
Original post by V909
Ohhh no I put iron and wash instructions and the designers name :frown: is that right ?

wait i didnt put fibres, i put care mainetenace which you mentioned 3 of. it may count i dunno :frown:
Reply 18
What did u get For the trend forecasts one?
Original post by Sammy95
confused, what just checking thingy? :confused:

For the last question about construction I put industrial machines! I think that's wrong???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending