Opinions please? How good is Trinity College Dublin? Watch

The Polymath
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by CD315)
Fair enough Yeah I did - for Maths and Economics TSM. Once I heard they regularly get people into Oxbridge and the Ivys, I thought I may as well.
Would you take it though? I mean, you'd still be moving away from NI then.

Do you mean Oxbridge/Ivies for postgrad?
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by The Polymath)
Would you take it though? I mean, you'd still be moving away from NI then.

Do you mean Oxbridge/Ivies for postgrad?
Don't know - it's only a few hours on the train

Yeah that's what I mean sorry.
Kangaroo_rampage
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CD315)
Fair enough Yeah I did - for Maths and Economics TSM. Once I heard they regularly get people into Oxbridge and the Ivys, I thought I may as well.
I applied for Maths and Economics TSM as well. Are you hoping to go to Trinity? I applied through UCAS as well and have 5 offers. Dont know if I'll get the points for maths and economics TSM, so I'm a bit worried!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kangaroo_rampage)
I applied for Maths and Economics TSM as well. Are you hoping to go to Trinity? I applied through UCAS as well and have 5 offers. Dont know if I'll get the points for maths and economics TSM, so I'm a bit worried!
Most likely not - too expensive and I don't get much of a loan to cover the costs.
East Hibernian
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Having attended both Trinity and Oxford, I have to say, Trinity was a much better student experience, and it was more difficult to get a first at Trinity than at Oxford. That may seem surprising, but that's just in my experience, with chemical and biological sciences. Oxford is much better for networking and as an Oxford alumnus, you're constantly being headhunted by consultancy businesses, so that's something that Trinity needs to improve. The ranking discrepancy is definitely predominantly due to funding. Oxford is a global brand, and fees are much higher there, so it's easy to see how they can constantly rank in the top 5 globally compared to Trinity.All in all, I prefer TCD. Although I wish they hadn't stopped having weekly formals in the dining hall, and wearing gowns. We still do that at Oxford and it's great craic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.68%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.27%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (93)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.89%
How can I be the best version of myself? (191)
29.98%

Watched Threads