Job Interview for KFC any advice ??? Watch

niajones1994
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi I have a job interview for KFC in Monday and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I might have to do ???
also if I need to bring anything with me, what kind of questions will they ask and how should I dress??
this is my first interview and I'm a bit worried.
Chris_23
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
Turn up... you'll get the job. Simples.
Student296
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by niajones1994)
Hi I have a job interview for KFC in Monday and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I might have to do ???
also if I need to bring anything with me, what kind of questions will they ask and how should I dress??
Dress smart, also you should take your passport with you as proof of your right to work in the UK.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
KFC?

FFS, my advice would be not to turn up at the interview.
niajones1994
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chris_23)
Turn up... you'll get the job. Simples.
Really that seems almost too easy
Old Father Time
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You'll do team building exercises. Just get stuck in. Its nothing difficult. You've probably already got the job, they just want to test your communication and team skills and make sure you're capable of putting the effort in. Be aware, busy KFC shops can be HARD WORK.Especially when the chicken runs out...WHICH IT WILL. FREQUENTLY.
niajones1994
Rep:
?
(Original post by Student296)
Dress smart, also you should take your passport with you as proof of your right to work in the UK.
Okay cool I'll be sure to bring that
niajones1994
Rep:
?
(Original post by Old Father Time)
You'll do team building exercises. Just get stuck in. Its nothing difficult. You've probably already got the job, they just want to test your communication and team skills and make sure you're capable of putting the effort in. Be aware, busy KFC shops can be HARD WORK.Especially when the chicken runs out...WHICH IT WILL. FREQUENTLY.
eek I know I've been to many a KFC shop where they have run out of chicken. That's reassuring I just didn't want to go and be tormented by evil KFC managers
niajones1994
Rep:
?
(Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
KFC?

ahh unfortunately I need the money more than I need my pride.
cmorga1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You have to go through a rigorous interview followed up by a set of advanced aptitude and fitness tests...

Nah i'm joking just show up its probably fairly casual good luck (y)
Laurah5498
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Dress smartly, it's always better to over dress than under dress! Take your passport, and your NI card with you. They might get you to have all that sorted for your first day but take it just to be on the safe side

Oh, and don't ask for that secret blend of herbs and spices. They may think that you're trying to start a rival fried chicken business...
planetearth
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
KFC?

Stupid 13 year old who thinks life is easy and he is too good for KFC.

One friend I know started working at KFC, with a lot of enthusiasm, but not many job opportunities. Now after 10 years he is a manager at Harrods. Everyone has to start somewhere, and at least some experience and money is better than none.

Also OP, be calm and relaxed, talk about how you always put your work first and work particularly well and efficiently under stress and pressure. Also don't lie or exaggerate hugely on anything, the interviewer will be able to tell if you are and it would just hinder your application. Dress in a smart but casual manner, e.g. a cardigan and pair of trousers (lol sorry I'm not good with clothes, but you get what I'm getting at). Good luck.
username779585
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Old Father Time)
This seems fairly vital at somewhere called Kentucky Fried Chicken. :confused:
niajones1994
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laurah5498)
Dress smartly, it's always better to over dress than under dress! Take your passport, and your NI card with you. They might get you to have all that sorted for your first day but take it just to be on the safe side

Oh, and don't ask for that secret blend of herbs and spices. They may think that you're trying to start a rival fried chicken business...
That's true I don't need them to find out about me nefarious chicken stealing plans ;D
nicola93
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Dress as a chicken to show your enthusiasm for working their and your ability to sell the brand.

No, seriously, good luck, smile, be polite and friendly and dress decently smartly - try to avoid jeans and tracksuits is my general rule.
niajones1994
Rep:
?
(Original post by planetearth)
Stupid 13 year old who thinks life is easy and he is too good for KFC.

One friend I know started working at KFC, with a lot of enthusiasm, but not many job opportunities. Now after 10 years he is a manager at Harrods. Everyone has to start somewhere, and at least some experience and money is better than none.

Also OP, be calm and relaxed, talk about how you always put your work first and work particularly well and efficiently under stress and pressure. Also don't lie or exaggerate hugely on anything, the interviewer will be able to tell if you are and it would just hinder your application. Dress in a smart but casual manner, e.g. a cardigan and pair of trousers (lol sorry I'm not good with clothes, but you get what I'm getting at). Good luck.
Exactly plus I love KFC so hopefully I'll get some sort of discount.
I get exactly what you mean I'm no good with clothes either so thanks for the help.
JMET
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nicola93)
Dress as a chicken to show your enthusiasm for working their and your ability to sell the brand.

No, seriously, good luck, smile, be polite and friendly and dress decently smartly - try to avoid jeans and tracksuits is my general rule.
As if anyone has ever worn tracksuits to an interview and expected to get the job? Please tell me this doesn't happen?
niajones1994
Rep:
?
(Original post by nicola93)

hahahahaha yeah that would sure get their attention, although probably not the job.
Thanks a lot I just hope I can get it now.
deadlypepperpot
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by niajones1994)
Already said this to someone else so I'll just c&p

Hi, I work at KFC and the interview is nothing to worry about - trust me
You have team-building exercises (build straw house, presentation on customer service and an item out of a magazine) - don't be shy or too bossy obviously
Then you have a 5 minute one-to-one interview with the usual questions - what's your weakness, have you experienced bad customer service bla bla bla
Like I said there's no need to worry, you've most likely got the job anyway And KFC is a good place to work as well Good luck!
Purple Giraffe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I used to work at KFC, and trust me, you don't have to be a genius to work there. You just have to be smiley and prepared to work for minimum wage.

For mine I wore fairly smart clothes, but black trousers and a plain smart t-shirt will be fine. They will ask things like why do you want to work for KFC, what hours can you work, and possibly just tell me a bit about yourself. Remember to smile, be confident and tell them you're flexible. You really have nothing to worry about, although the job itself can be pretty stressful.

As others have said, the chicken does run out, (not all the time but occasionally) which means unhappy customers. You have to be careful with giving out the right change as they check if your till is up or down in terms of money, and they don't like it if it's down. When it gets busy, everyone is running around and if you get a strict manager you'll be shouted at (but this is just from my own experience, some managers might be less evil than mine was!). It's certainly not as easy a job as is made out, as they have to meet strict criteria to pass checks undertaken by mystery shoppers. Sadly, hours can be long and wages low, but you can get a decent sum of money if you stick at it and it's just something on the side.

I don't want to put you off. I certainly met some great people working at KFC and enjoyed the extra cash! Just be prepared for it not to be as easy a job as "pick up chicken, put chicken in bucket", as many non-KFC workers will tell you

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads