The Student Room Group

Job Interview for KFC any advice ???

Scroll to see replies

Show up with a leg of chicken and start eating it in front of them. Then lick your fingers and say, "Mmm, that was some good chicken," and answer their questions.

Otherwise, do research about their company? Show them what you know about KFC so that they know you know what you're getting yourself into.
Reply 21
Try not to fall in the deep fat fryer
Reply 22
Original post by JMET
As if anyone has ever worn tracksuits to an interview and expected to get the job? Please tell me this doesn't happen?

No, it happens - heard people dressed like they've just walked off the set of Jeremy Kyle complain about how unfair it is that nobody wants to employ them many, many times.
Reply 23
Original post by deadlypepperpot
Already said this to someone else so I'll just c&p :tongue:

Hi, I work at KFC and the interview is nothing to worry about - trust me
You have team-building exercises (build straw house, presentation on customer service and an item out of a magazine) - don't be shy or too bossy obviously
Then you have a 5 minute one-to-one interview with the usual questions - what's your weakness, have you experienced bad customer service bla bla bla
Like I said there's no need to worry, you've most likely got the job anyway And KFC is a good place to work as well Good luck! :smile:

Cool thanks I always worry about things more than necessary.
Reply 24
Original post by helzz94
I used to work at KFC, and trust me, you don't have to be a genius to work there. You just have to be smiley and prepared to work for minimum wage.

For mine I wore fairly smart clothes, but black trousers and a plain smart t-shirt will be fine. They will ask things like why do you want to work for KFC, what hours can you work, and possibly just tell me a bit about yourself. Remember to smile, be confident and tell them you're flexible. You really have nothing to worry about, although the job itself can be pretty stressful.

As others have said, the chicken does run out, (not all the time but occasionally) which means unhappy customers. You have to be careful with giving out the right change as they check if your till is up or down in terms of money, and they don't like it if it's down. When it gets busy, everyone is running around and if you get a strict manager you'll be shouted at (but this is just from my own experience, some managers might be less evil than mine was!). It's certainly not as easy a job as is made out, as they have to meet strict criteria to pass checks undertaken by mystery shoppers. Sadly, hours can be long and wages low, but you can get a decent sum of money if you stick at it and it's just something on the side.

I don't want to put you off. I certainly met some great people working at KFC and enjoyed the extra cash! Just be prepared for it not to be as easy a job as "pick up chicken, put chicken in bucket", as many non-KFC workers will tell you :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I figured it would probably be long hours but I'm hoping that the satisfaction of having some of my own money to spend will out way the cons.
Reply 25
Original post by nicola93
No, it happens - heard people dressed like they've just walked off the set of Jeremy Kyle complain about how unfair it is that nobody wants to employ them many, many times.

seriously wow that's pretty bad D:
Reply 26
Original post by johnnyavfc
Try not to fall in the deep fat fryer

hmm good idea :wink:
Reply 27
Original post by niajones1994
seriously wow that's pretty bad D:

It's genuinely one of those special moments where you sit, blink and wonder where humanity went so very, very wrong.
Reply 28
Original post by DancerPerson
Show up with a leg of chicken and start eating it in front of them. Then lick your fingers and say, "Mmm, that was some good chicken," and answer their questions.

Otherwise, do research about their company? Show them what you know about KFC so that they know you know what you're getting yourself into.

That sounds good actually I suppose its always worth doing a little bit of research.
Reply 29
Tell them you're finger lickin' good
You'd have to be a chimpanzee not to get the job, I wouldn't worry. On second thought a chimpanzee could probably get the job as well.
Hi I have a job interview for KFC in Monday and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I might have to do ???
also if I need to bring anything with me, what kind of questions will they ask and how should I dress??
this is my first interview and I'm a bit worried.

Make sure you don't eat all the chicken
Reply 32
hmm good idea :wink:

You'll be thanking me after your interview...:smile:
The interview will be alright. Just promise me that when you get the job, you'll follow the orders correctly. The amount of times i get swindled at my local KFC is truly unreal.
Reply 34
Original post by nicola93

Its times like these that make you really proud to be British!
Reply 35
Don't eat the chicken on display :wink: That's for the paying customers.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 36
Just in case anyone wanted to know I got the Job so thank you for all your help :biggrin:
Reply 37
Just in case anyone wanted to know I got the Job so thank you for all your help :biggrin:

Hi! I also have a KFC interview coming up soon and since you got the job I thought you might be the ideal person to talk too!

I was wondering what its like working there? Are they flexible with hours? What is the hourly pay? And do you have any tips for the interview, what did you wear etc?
Thank you in advance :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by Laura_2010
Hi! I also have a KFC interview coming up soon and since you got the job I thought you might be the ideal person to talk too!

I was wondering what its like working there? Are they flexible with hours? What is the hourly pay? And do you have any tips for the interview, what did you wear etc?
Thank you in advance :smile:

When I went it was more of a team building type thing rather than an actual interview which was nice. all the people in my branch have been really nice so far and although it can be tiring its a pretty okay job. because I'm under 18 my pay is only £4.00 an hour but if your over 18 its £4.98 and the have both pay rises and bonuses which it pretty nice. I wore a some black trousers, a nice white shirt and a pink cardie. I'd go relatively casual with a hint of business. I hope you do well :biggrin: If you want any more information just ask.
Reply 39
I just had an interview at KFC and from all the research and tips people had provided, NON of the team building exercises came up. I was so looking forward to making a house out of straw.
Interview was at 1pm.
waited half an hour before it was my turn for a private interview.
questions asked.
Why do you want to work for KFC?
What do you know about KFC?
What are you strengths and weaknesses?
What times are you available?
Do you have any other questions?
...and that was it.
But bearing in mind that my interview was a 'KFC Open Day'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending