Turn on thread page Beta

Video files play upsde down or very slow, whts up?? watch

ReputationRep:
    When i play a video file off my computer it plays some of them upside down, some are very slow. It started happening when i rexet my computer. Re-installed windows. Ive installed codecs but it still doesnt work right. Anoyne know what the problem is. Pls help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Is this a streamed video clip from the internet or is it played from a cd-rom/hard drive?

Slow video clips are due to poor data transfer rate, if you a slow processor or lack of RAM then this will cause it to be slow.
    its files off my computer, it used to play fine before i reset n wiped my computer totally.

ReputationRep:
    did you install all the right codecs (some videos need a couple) and graphics card drivers after you wiped computer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    How can a video possibly play upside down?
    Are you calling Niz a liar? :P

ReputationRep:
    man this sucks so much ive installed all the nimo codecs cant see wht else to do. Win XP alraeady installed the drivers.

ReputationRep:
    How much RAM do you have? If you are one of these idiots using XP with 64MB RAM then no wonder you're having problems.

ReputationRep:
    No just marvelling at this apparent technical impossiblity.
    its not impossible. there could be something wrong with the directx that could make it play upside down during overlay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niz)
    man this sucks so much ive installed all the nimo codecs cant see wht else to do. Win XP alraeady installed the drivers.
    try going to the manufacturer of your graphics card website and download the latest ones for your card

piggy, i think ive had this, but im not sure tbh, i may have dreamt it.

ReputationRep:
    How much RAM do you have? If you are one of these idiots using XP with 64MB RAM then no wonder you're having problems.
    come on whts up with tht, i told u tht it was worknig fine be4.

ReputationRep:
    all he said was that he reinstalled windows, it had worked fine before, and its not working fine now. theres no mention of installing a new OS

ReputationRep:
    If the correct codecs aren't installed the video just won't play at all (assuming Windows Media Player). Did you download Media Player 9 yet?
    yup i thought it wud fix the problem, it diddnt it was as upside down and slow as be4.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously - one could write a codec that did this. It was mentioned that this was a clean installation.
    so why did you say it was impossible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niz)
    yup i thought it wud fix the problem, it diddnt it was as upside down and slow as be4.
    have you tried other media players? like realplayer or quicktime?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    have you tried other media players? like realplayer or quicktime?
    hmm nope ill try be4 i had RealOne, ill give it a shot.

ReputationRep:
    My comment on RAM is because so many people use XP with 64 or 128MB RAM. It may run fine but then they install loads of TSRs and eventualy the system just runs out of RAM.

You need 256MB RAM in XP if you want total smoothness and you need 512MB for heavy graphics stuff.

ReputationRep:
    My comment on RAM is because so many people use XP with 64 or 128MB RAM. It may run fine but then they install loads of TSRs and eventualy the system just runs out of RAM.

You need 256MB RAM in XP if you want total smoothness and you need 512MB for heavy graphics stuff.
    ive got 450mhz pIII 128mb ram. The computer did originally come with 98. XP runs fine. I got a virus which screwed my computer thas why i reset it. It runs fine so i dunno where u got that info from. Unless ur one in expirience to know that.

ReputationRep:
    try holding the digicam the other way round next time.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.