Australian University Requirements (GCE A LEVEL grades)? Watch

yellowflashdude
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
What is the usual requirement for an engineering based undergraduate course? I have tried looking for them myself, but the websites often don't give it or it is too vague, like for example for my course, it states that I need a '11'.
I don't understand, like what a level grades (A's, B's etc) would I need to get in order to achieve the '11 A level points?
ecraven
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by yellowflashdude)
What is the usual requirement for an engineering based undergraduate course? I have tried looking for them myself, but the websites often don't give it or it is too vague, like for example for my course, it states that I need a '11'.
I don't understand, like what a level grades (A's, B's etc) would I need to get in order to achieve the '11 A level points?
---

The ATAR equivalency is calculated from results in three Advanced Level (A2) subjects, where A*=6 A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1. Up to two Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Level results may be included and will be calculated based on A=2.5, B=2, C=1.5, D=1, E=0.5.
The "11" is the ATAR equivalent score. So, 11 would be something like BBC.
anna_ready
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
^ i Think you got the right answer.Don't you?
Laurynxxxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What do you need in UK points to study nursing in Australia
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Laurynxxxx)
What do you need in UK points to study nursing in Australia
If memory serves its BBB but it can varies between universities
aizawa414
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
An aggregate score of 10 from General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced (A) Level and Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Level subjects including at least two A Level pass subjects.A Level and AS Level qualifications issued by: Pearson/Edexcel; Cambridge/CIE; AQA; CEA; OCR; WJEC.Aggregate is calculated based on the best three A Levels. AS Levels can be included and are counted as half of an A Level.A*=6, A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1, U=0 for A Level subjects; andA(a)=2.5, B(b)=2, C(c)=1.5, D(d)=1, E(e)=0.5, U=0 for AS Level subjects.

-Can anyone help me interpret what this means in terms of calculating the aggregate? This is for QUT. -
RighteousEater
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Would anyone know what the GCE A level requirements be if the ATAR score is "98"??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (420)
67.42%
No (203)
32.58%

Watched Threads