The Student Room Group

Which country has the best flag?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by DYKWIA
No, not really intimidation.

I only really see that flag on tsr from imperial apologists and in soccer games.

England led Britain with its empire, and should be held accountable for the majority of the damage caused by british imperialism.

I don't think you quite know what the English flag is. This is the English flag:

English-flag.gif
This is the British flag:
uk.jpg
PS. The British Empire was supported by English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish people, not purely the English.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by DYKWIA
No, not really intimidation.

I only really see that flag on tsr from imperial apologists and in soccer games.

Are you some kind of retard who thinks it's 1774? Surely the French, Spanish, Dutch, Danish flags, among many others, must also be Imperial symbols?

How the **** does being English make me an imperial? ****. You Americans are so hypocritical when it comes to Imperialism. You think you're still fighting for representation when really you shove your ****ing noses in other peoples businesses.

Original post by Gales
I don't think you quite know what the English flag is. This is the English flag:

English-flag.gif

English-flag.gif
PS. The British Empire was supported by English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish people, not purely the English.

Fail.
Antwerp

Reply 103
Original post by Snagprophet
Are you some kind of retard who thinks it's 1774? Surely the French, Spanish, Dutch, Danish flags, among many others, must also be Imperial symbols?

How the **** does being English make me an imperial? ****. You Americans are so hypocritical when it comes to Imperialism. You think you're still fighting for representation when really you shove your ****ing noses in other peoples businesses.

Fail.

I put them as links first, so had to correct them and accidentally pasted the same two links. Changed now.
Denmark.
Original post by DYKWIA
Is the sky in the background of the wales flag white because it rains and is cloudy there all the time?

You are a pretty clever troll.
Original post by Organ

Can't wait 'till we have interplanetery war with the aliens and this becomes our battle banner. Human nationalism ftw
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 107
Original post by Gales

English-flag.gif
uk.jpg

I'm confused. They look the same.

Yes, other european countries had imperialistic ambitions too.

The USA doesn't have an empire and never has. There is a difference. The US helps countries that it gets involved in, as opposed to destroying them. Look at what happened to India, Africa, the middle east. The USA is still cleaning up the problems caused by European imperialism.
Reply 108
Original post by DYKWIA
I'm confused. They look the same.

The welsh flag is cool btw. I like how the sky is white. Is that cos it rains a lot?

Check again.^ I updated it, accidentally copy and pasted the same links.

It does rain a lot, but I doubt that's its significance.
Mozambique's flag is AWESOME!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 110
Original post by Gales

Just noticed, sorry.
Original post by DYKWIA
Umm, nationality is not the same as race.

The English flag is a symbol of imperialism.

In which case so are the Confederates flag, and any other flag whose jurisdiction has participated in imperialism (China, Spain, France, Russia, Iran), for which the USA is a member of.
Original post by DYKWIA

The USA doesn't have an empire and never has. There is a difference. The US helps countries that it gets involved in, as opposed to destroying them. Look at what happened to India, Africa, the middle east. The USA is still cleaning up the problems caused by European imperialism.

Bull****.
Original post by DYKWIA

How many successful adventures has America had?
Original post by Gales

Isn't it the Tudor colours?
Reply 115
Original post by Cyanohydrin
Isn't it the Tudor colours?

Perhaps, I don't really know. :tongue:
Original post by Gales
Perhaps, I don't really know. :tongue:

the most significant link between the symbol of the Red Dragon and Wales occurred when Henry Tudor flew the red dragon of Cadwallader during his invasion of England.[3] Henry was of Welsh descent and after leaving France with an army of 2000, landed at Milford Haven on 7 August. He made capital of his Welsh ancestry in gathering support and gaining safe passage through Wales. Henry met and fought Richard III at the Battle of Bosworth Field, and in victory took the English throne. After the battle, Henry carried the Red Dragon standard in state to St. Paul's Cathedral, and later the Tudor livery of green and white was added to the flag
Reply 117
Bull****.

Original post by I Persia I
How many successful adventures has America had?

Iraq, South Korea, West europe after WWII, columbia, Israel etc. There are plenty of examples of where US intervention has helped save those particular areas.
Original post by DYKWIA

No, it ONLY destroys them, or has ambitions of doing so. Hillary Clinton is itching to invade Syria (she just is, look at any news broadcast) and all Condoleeza Rice did was stick her nose in other countries' business when it had nothing to do with her or America. The US doesn't need an empire, it just bombs countries whose leaders they don't like.
Original post by DYKWIA
Umm, nationality is not the same as race.

The English flag is a symbol of imperialism.

Ahahahahahaha, coming from an American?

Upset that your global hegemony is under pressure?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending