The Student Room Group

Which country has the best flag?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallisto
I have just asked myself what is the meaning of Dragon in the Welsh flag.

There was a legend were two dragons fought each other, the red dragon came from Wales and beat the invading white dragon(english) also I think there's a wizard involved in the story somewhere but I can't remember. I imagine it's on google somewhere :P
I'm not a patriot but I can't understand how on a UK based forum every poster who's posted either the Union Jack of St George's Cross have been negged.
Reply 142
Tibet (not strictly a country) has a great flag, I believe.

http://tibet.dharmakara.net/img/tibtf2am.gif
It's clearly the Seychelles. Hands down.
Reply 144
UK obviously.

Reply 145
Original post by darkxangel

Glad to see someone even knows Grenada exists.
(edited 11 years ago)
jollyroger1.jpg Clearly the best flag!
Reply 147
Original post by Formerly Helpful_C
I was wondering who would post that first.

The Swastika is amazing.
Reply 148
Kiribati
Original post by DYKWIA
The US helps countries that it gets involved in, as opposed to destroying them. Look at what happened to India, Africa, the middle east. The USA is still cleaning up the problems caused by European imperialism.

Reply 150
Original post by Existentialistic

you have an issue with something I said?

Original post by cl_steele
Not for lack of trying... just because its not an official 'empire' doesnt mean it doesnt operate like one ... your use of gun boat diplomacy on the Iranians, Libyans, Russians, British etc. etc. etc. would beg to differ.
Also the fasct you have armies amassed on near enough every continent from Germany to Japan and to the middle east. America doesnt have an empire because they know full well they can get their way without officially invading said nation, which is not to say you havent lets take Cuba, The Philippines, Iraq ... need i go on?

Iraq was a success and most people in Iraq are thankful for US intervention. Heck, your tony blair agreed with it too. I thought he was a cool guy.

Original post by cl_steele
Sorry are you forgetting the hundreds of thousands of iraqis who died in that war...? the scores still being shot and blown up by terrorists to this day?

Hardly any of those were killed by US forces, so don't go throwing around arbitrary numbers.

i didnt say it wasnt a successful nation i was merely commenting that you never won that war...

Iraq was in a better state when we left. The same cannot be said of Africa or India when england left.

a rogue state that has caused tensions for decades in that region and seems to delight in pulverizing already impoverished nations even further like lebanon, and palestine [or whats left of it after it got mangled]..

It is a small nation surrounded by 'not so nice' nations who only want Israel destroyed. Israel needs to flex its muscles to defend itself.

Simply gorgeous.
Original post by DYKWIA

Heck, your tony blair agreed with it too. I thought he was a cool guy.

Another nice one.
Original post by green.tea
Its not bad. Certainly better than the dull stripey ones.

Which genius came up with that?

I totally agree, the Dutch flag is the French flag but rotated. Amazing stuff, must've taken quite a while to design.
Reply 155
The beautiful flag of Suffolk. COUNTY PRIDE

County_flag_of_Suffolk.JPG

Bauhinia and ying and yang.
Original post by DYKWIA
you have an issue with something I said?

I have issues with everything you say, however I strongly suspect that you're trolling.
I'm a fan of the flags of the UK, the USA, Japan and most countries that have a somewhat unique looking flag. Generic tricolours are kinda boring.
Reply 159
Original post by Aramiss18
I'm not a patriot but I can't understand how on a UK based forum every poster who's posted either the Union Jack of St George's Cross have been negged.

PC has gone mad.

St. George's Cross is seen as a racist/far-right symbol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending