The Student Room Group

The Edexcel AEA (26/06/12 - AM) Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by M1K3
btw the link doesnt work.

It did worked before, but now the thread has been trashed.

I have attached it with this post.
Reply 221
Original post by und
You get up to 6 S marks, so you could get them all from perfect solutions to Q5, 6 and 7. I think the S+ marks are special points that you can get S marks for even if your solution to a question isn't perfect.

I'd be interested in knowing what's meant by a 'perfect solution'. For example, would you lose a mark in Q5 if you divided through by loga(x), without stating that it doesn't equal 0?

It doesn't say you should does it? I reckon you'd be ok doing that, but if it could = 0 I can see why they could, but seeing as they didn't I doubt they would. I'm just wondering where the S+ marks are, as for 5,6,7 it says for S2 you need perfect 'and' some S+. but in the mark scheme there only seems to be 1 S1 for the last part of Q7
Reply 222
Original post by Maths678
It doesn't say you should does it? I reckon you'd be ok doing that, but if it could = 0 I can see why they could, but seeing as they didn't I doubt they would. I'm just wondering where the S+ marks are, as for 5,6,7 it says for S2 you need perfect 'and' some S+. but in the mark scheme there only seems to be 1 S1 for the last part of Q7

Pity that, because the last part of question 7 is the only thing in the paper I didn't attempt... :rolleyes:
Reply 223
Original post by raheem94
It did worked before, but now the thread has been trashed.

I have attached it with this post.

Cheers mate:smile:
Reply 225
Original post by RacingPro97

That seems in line with what many were expecting. Definitely easier than most papers but perhaps not as easy as 2010. I was worried the Distinction boundary would be higher so I'm quite happy with that. Fingers crossed for results day... :crossedf:
Good luck to everybody.
Reply 227
How can i check the AEA result????
Got a Merit in AEA :woo:

Just gave it for fun, with very little preparation because i don't need it for uni.

Hope all of you have done well :smile:
Got a Merit in AEA :woo:

Just gave it for fun, with very little preparation because i don't need it for uni.

Hope all of you have done well :smile:

Where can you find out? I got into Warwick so who cares if i just missed that distinction :tongue:!
Original post by In One Ear
Where can you find out? I got into Warwick so who cares if i just missed that distinction :tongue:!

Not too sure what you mean? Do you mean where can you find out your result? It will be written on the result slip.
Not too sure what you mean? Do you mean where can you find out your result? It will be written on the result slip.

Yeah thats what i mean. Can only pick up my results at 10 though so was suprised that you knew from that already.
Original post by In One Ear
Yeah thats what i mean. Can only pick up my results at 10 though so was suprised that you knew from that already.

I live in UAE, not England so may be a difference of timing.
Reply 233
Got a distinction :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:!!! Also got A* A* B (maths, further, economics), waiting on Warwick because of the B in economics. What are my chances??? Any help would be appreciated.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 234
Original post by Teep
Got a distinction :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:!!! Also got A* A* B (maths, further, economics), waiting on Warwick because of the B in economics. What are my chances??? Any help would be appreciated.

As harsh as this sounds, it will really depend on the number of places still available. It is theoretically possible for Warwick to reject, but if there are places left I am sure you'll be at the top of the list. Congratulations on an aweso,e set of results.
Original post by Teep

Well done :smile:

I have made a AEA results thread here. So please post your results there.
I have made a AEA results posting thread here, so everyone please post your results there.
Reply 237
Original post by shamika
As harsh as this sounds, it will really depend on the number of places still available. It is theoretically possible for Warwick to reject, but if there are places left I am sure you'll be at the top of the list. Congratulations on an aweso,e set of results.

Thank you, and no worries now I got accepted :biggrin:!! Must be places available, good luck to anyone who is waiting...

Reply 238
Original post by Teep
Thank you, and no worries now I got accepted :biggrin:!! Must be places available, good luck to anyone who is waiting...

Congratulations! It would've been ridiculous for you not to get accepted!

Remember also that Warwick can accept AAB+ students without penalty, which may work to people's advantage.

Congrats again!
Reply 239
Does anybody have access to the AEA examiner report? It's currently available as a secure download on the Edexcel website, and I'd be quite interested to see it.

Thanks. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending