This discussion is closed.
halc
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
ANYONE know of any on/offline revision resources for P5 ?
The text book we've been using so far for A-level maths is Sam Bordman's 'Advancing maths for AQA' but they don't publish one for P5.

There's nothing on Amazon and the closest at Waterstones/Smiths is 'P3' which seems to be a bit of P4 (I already took in Jan) with a bit of P5... so not really any good

Heinemann didn't bother publishing text books/revision guides because the syllabus is changing soon, but I would of thought there'd be some temp. revision materials online some place?

Anyone done AQA P5 already and found something passable to revise off?

Cheers!
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by halc)
ANYONE know of any on/offline revision resources for P5 ?
The text book we've been using so far for A-level maths is Sam Bordman's 'Advancing maths for AQA' but they don't publish one for P5.

There's nothing on Amazon and the closest at Waterstones/Smiths is 'P3' which seems to be a bit of P4 (I already took in Jan) with a bit of P5... so not really any good

Heinemann didn't bother publishing text books/revision guides because the syllabus is changing soon, but I would of thought there'd be some temp. revision materials online some place?

Anyone done AQA P5 already and found something passable to revise off?

Cheers!
The official AQA Pure 5 text "book" isn't published as a hardback text, however, it is available as a PDF from the AQA website.

I'll save you the trouble though - the link is below.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/ma...-TS-MathsA.pdf
halc
I've printed off that book and it looks very well written, but it's for maths spec A, not B - and doesn't SEEM to cover the right stuff?

I'm doing A2 Maths & Stats specification B: P5, and I can't find a similar PDF textbook on their site

Any further help would be greatly appreciated
zazy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have the same problem as well. If you find anything please could you tell me??
phillip04
Report 16 years ago
me too, i just rang AQA and the woman couldn't find one for spec B..she told me to email the publications dept so i have, if they have anything useful i will let you lot know.
halc
Yeah I'm still fishing around for _anything_ but without success...
I e-mailed some department of AQA and unforunately I was told that they knew of no resources and certainly didn't have any of their own besides teachers' basic resources. They told me to just make do with the (limited) notes I have and use the past papers.... which I guess will have to do

I'm 7 marks behind and A in total over the 4 of 6 exams I've taken so I've got a bit of ground to make up on P5 and S4

Oh well!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (33)
8.35%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (33)
8.35%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (88)
22.28%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (53)
13.42%
No, nothing has changed (118)
29.87%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (70)
17.72%

Watched Threads