Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In a couple of weeks I have to hand in my A-Level options form. I have decided to do Business Studies, ICT, Classics and Sports Science. Do u think these r good and respectable subjects, I am interested in going into business or computing.
    Any1 else do these subjects

Please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolguy)
    In a couple of weeks I have to hand in my A-Level options form. I have decided to do Business Studies, ICT, Classics and Sports Science. Do u think these r good and respectable subjects, I am interested in going into business or computing.

Please help
    Respectable? No but they aren't exactly media studies. What grades are you predicted for GCSE and what university would you like to go to?

ReputationRep:
    Of those I think classics is the most likely to be respected. Why not replace business studies with economics and ICT with computing?

ReputationRep:
    Choose what you know you will enjoy, something you'll find challenging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolguy)

Please help
    Try to avoid Business Studies and Sports Science. For Business at university, a more literary subject may suit a lot more. Could you take Economics or maybe something like English, History or Geography?

Languages are also good.

For Computing - try Maths or Physics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Choose what you know you will enjoy, something you'll find challenging.
    Oh yeah, that's actually the best advice of all.

ReputationRep:
    Business Studies is not as easy as people make out, you have to do stuff like double entry book keeping which is stuff qualified accountants to. Its lot more vocational than somthing like Ecomonics but business studies may be more usefull especialy if you want to setup your own business. I learn't a lot form it. Ecomnics is more respected but a lot of places don't do it.

As for ICT well its easier than computing and computing is more respected, again however a lot of places won't let you study computing.

Computing tends to be more for science based people and it can get quite mathematical, having said that I often help my sister out on hers.

Do you want to go university if so what do you want to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Business Studies is not as easy as people make out, you have to do stuff like double entry book keeping which is stuff qualified accountants to.
    Actually double entry is pretty easy, A-Level accounting only covers it in half a module but it lays the foundation for the rest of the course.

ReputationRep:
    Thanx for the advice but they don't do Economics or Computing in my school.History is like classics so I don't want to do it if I'm already going to take Classics. I don't like maths or physics.
    For gcse's I am predicted
    Business Studies A/B
    Classics A*
    ICT A/B
    Sports Science is a new subject

I think I should take these because I think I will enjoy them.

I have heard so many people do Sports Sciernce at Uni so it must be a respectable subject.

ReputationRep:
    It would be best if you add Media Studies and Psychology to say ICT and Business. Then you will be doing four really hard, well-respected A levels that will stand you up for the rest of your life and will probably get you into heaven (especially Media Studies, which is really really well-thought of).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theodore)
    It would be best if you add Media Studies and Psychology to say ICT and Business. Then you will be doing four really hard, well-respected A levels that will stand you up for the rest of your life and will probably get you into heaven (especially Media Studies, which is really really well-thought of).
    i diasgree. this is tha best a-level combo:

general studies
    business
    economics
    psycholegy
    ICT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    i diasgree. this is tha best a-level combo:

general studies
    business
    economics
    psycholegy
    ICT

I agree. General Studies especially. It has it all, maths, science, english and a language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    I agree. General Studies especially. It has it all, maths, science, english and a language.
    thats why i do it.

who fu*kin 2nite?
    who fu*kin 2nite?
    who fu*kin 2nite?
    who fu*kin 2nite?
    who fu*kin 2nite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    thats why i do it.

who fu*kin 2nite?
    who fu*kin 2nite?
    who fu*kin 2nite?
    who fu*kin 2nite?
    who fu*kin 2nite?
    Probably my girlfriend. But thats up to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theodore)
    i'm assuming that you're being sarcastic?

ReputationRep:
    Probably my girlfriend. But thats up to her.
    u sly dog! whats she like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    u sly dog! whats she like?
    She is to me, of course, very beautiful

She is also making my dinner right at this moment

ReputationRep:
    She is to me, of course, very beautiful

She is also making my dinner right at this moment
    give her one for me Joe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    give her one for me Joe!
    Lol, of course

ReputationRep:
    They also don't do Media Studies or Psychology.
    Even though my school is one of the top grammar school they have a limited number of subjects.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.