The Student Room Group

MA Theology/Religious Studies - anyone else?

Having trouble deciding whether to do an MA or not - I have zero job offers after my BA Theology at Exeter but I fear an MA in the same subject might not open many more doors!

I was wondering whether anyone had any advice? Is is worth doing a masters? And is it worth doing one now, straight after my BA, or should I wait a while to see whether the job offers will come pouring (ahem!) in??

I have an offer at Exeter and Durham - I've accepted my Durham offer because there was a deadline though I am willing to forfeit my deposit!

any help would be greatly appreciated!
It depends on what sort of career you are interested in. Unless it is something directly relevant, a masters degree won't make much difference to your CV. If you want to do further study, you might be better looking at more vocational courses like social work, or trying to get jobs that will put you through an NVQ.

If you aren't sure what career you want to go into, save your money and get whatever job you can for now, or do voluntary work, and possibly look into adult courses at college, or OU modules that interest you.
Original post by exetonian
Having trouble deciding whether to do an MA or not - I have zero job offers after my BA Theology at Exeter but I fear an MA in the same subject might not open many more doors!

I was wondering whether anyone had any advice? Is is worth doing a masters? And is it worth doing one now, straight after my BA, or should I wait a while to see whether the job offers will come pouring (ahem!) in??

I have an offer at Exeter and Durham - I've accepted my Durham offer because there was a deadline though I am willing to forfeit my deposit!

any help would be greatly appreciated!

what happened to your common sense?
why did you pick those subjects?
why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending