Turn on thread page Beta

transferring unis..law or any subject watch

ReputationRep:
    im goin to university in september to read law but i want to transfer to a better university in the second year..does anyone know how this happens and which universities take part in this??
    thanx

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure that this would be incredibly hard. From what ive seen the better univeristies, which already have full departments, have little or no reason to admit people into the second year. Plus, why would you want to go to the hassle or changing, you will have probably got settled and made mades. It seems really dumb to start uni already with the idea that you might want to change (I have been there - do not do it!). Act sooner rather than later, and if that means reapplying than do that, it will be less hassle in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    it mite b a hassle but in the long run, it would mine i have a degree from a better reputed university wich in law, is very imporatnt due to the competition. i dont want to take ayear out due to family issues therefore reapplying isnt an option for me. im hoping to get AAA or AAB in september but i have put a uni with much lower requirements as a firm offer simply because my predicted grades werent good enough. ive reatken maths and got an A and i kno i can get As in the other so i think i deserve to go to a better university to read law.

ReputationRep:
    kidaah.
    lol nuff said

ReputationRep:
    If on 19th August you find yourself with AAA or AAB then your best course of action would be to withdraw from UCAS, take a gap year, and then reapply.

ReputationRep:
    agreed.

ReputationRep:
    try and do something law related in your gap-year too as this will probably give you a good advantage over a lot of other candidates. remember though that next year will be even more competitive than usual with the introduction of top-ups in 2006.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by northsweetheart)
    im goin to university in september to read law but i want to transfer to a better university in the second year..does anyone know how this happens and which universities take part in this??
    thanx
    If I am not wrong, I think transfer is possible.

Currently, I am studying UOL's LLB and I emailed several UK Universities seeking a transfer.

Most of their replies were that they were willing to accept such a transfer but the thing is you need to attain certain grades + restart from the first year again.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, the best you could hope for from the btter nis is that they would let you start the degree again, I think it is a rarity that they would let you start there in the second year, and almost unheard of in the better unis. You have to think, what is in it for them to let sum1 else into a department ehich is already very full

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 29, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.