The Student Room Group

How do YOU get home after a night out?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
if it's a thursday / friday night sometimes get the early train at 6:30am so it means camping out for a couple of hours! only done that a few times though.
on a saturday it has to be a taxi normally only about £4 each still that's like 1 drink less and the stress of trying to get one!
Bus. Friday/Saturday nights they run till 3.15, luckily.
Reply 22
Taxi without fail or a friend will drop me home.
Reply 23
depends on a few things ...

How drunk i am: If I've had enough to drink that i no longer notice the cold i usually end up walking home

Where I've been out to: If I've just been into town that's a rather short walk, but if I've been further afield it would be taxi .. or depending on monies train, but that usually requires sitting on a bench until 10 am :biggrin:

How much money i have: If I'm feeling rich I'll taxi to and fro, if not it may be trains or walking

If you drink enough you can catch a tardis directly to your bed, the only downside is you wake up feeling like crap with a minging headache and sometimes your wallet/phone/random item of clothing missing. :P
I walk, about 4 miles. Sometimes I just sleep in a bus stop/shelter thing and get a bus home in the morning when they start at about 5.
If I am out in my hometown I'll walk home it isn't far, if I am at uni I'll stay at a uni friends place or take the 24 hr running bus home.
Reply 26
I walk because it's literally a 2 minute walk. It can be a bit scary though sometimes :/
I get a taxi, always! And my boyfriend always stays up to make sure I am safe! L
Reply 28
If it's within 20-25mins walk I'll stumble, otherwise the night bus. I find taxis are much too expensive, and round here they try and rip off drunk people anyway.
I haven't been on a night out in ages, but last times I went I got home on the bus, but I haven't ever been out very late anyway. My local bus only runs every half hour in the late evenings, so if I'm in my town and I've just missed a bus, it's quicker for me just to jog the 1.5 miles home rather than wait around for another 25 minutes for the bus. I've done that before at midnight and it's not too bad.

I'm going on a night out next weekend and I think we might be getting a taxi back this time since we're going clubbing somewhere a bit further afield.
Walking back, it feels so manly.
Reply 31
I usually wake up in a pool of my own vomit in a doorway somewhere, with no recollection of any events from the night before. So normally the buses next day...
(edited 11 years ago)
Night bus.
Reply 33
Original post by pinkangelgirl
It wasnt even that i was fast! it was the fact i ran all the way home and wasnt even out of breath haha! whereas when i go running in the day i always have to stop lol

i thought this was just me! i have super stamina after a whole night of dancing?! lol.

I tend to share a taxi with anyone i see out from roughly my area then walk once in/near my street. Iv sometimes walked with random people who live near me that dont ever tend to speak to me in the day but come 3am we always share a taxi/walk together. Iv sometimes walked alone though.. stupid stupid idea when sober like right now. Nackered at the end of the night, walking up hill mostly in high heels wearing clubby clothes.. one girl by herself.. 5'3,petite....... im asking for trouble!! iv ran home a couple times though.. and somehow managed to not stop at all haha
Original post by tpxvs
i thought this was just me! i have super stamina after a whole night of dancing?! lol.

I tend to share a taxi with anyone i see out from roughly my area then walk once in/near my street. Iv sometimes walked with random people who live near me that dont ever tend to speak to me in the day but come 3am we always share a taxi/walk together. Iv sometimes walked alone though.. stupid stupid idea when sober like right now. Nackered at the end of the night, walking up hill mostly in high heels wearing clubby clothes.. one girl by herself.. 5'3,petite....... im asking for trouble!! iv ran home a couple times though.. and somehow managed to not stop at all haha

haha that sounds exactly like what i do!

and yeh its stupid but you dont think of that at the time :frown:
A taxi back costs £5-7 (depending on the driver), so I usually opt for that. I hate walking to/from town because I'm allergic to whatever the people living over that way have planted in their gardens - just walking past them causes me to break out in a rash that doesn't stop itching for hours. Not pleasant when you just want to go home and sleep! :/

Alternative is, when my ex is feeling nice, he lets us crash at his place because he lives close to the town centre and his mother doesn't stay in town on the weekends. Bus back in the morning costs £1.20.
(edited 11 years ago)
It changes each time, but more often than not I get a taxi. Sometimes I'll stay at a mate's house, sometimes I'll wait until the trains/buses start again, or I'll walk. Once or twice I've sat in a doorway with mates until we figure out how to get home. Once I just magically appeared outside my house. Ah, the powers of alcohol.
Reply 37
Running drunk is always the best shout, either that or the poor lad who is the designated driver!
Reply 38
Tend to walk back to save a couple of quid, it's probably about 1-1.5 miles. Got going out down to about £10 for everything on a night out. Aah i love student living.
I get home. Usually. Trust ye in thy beer compass, it shall not fail thee. :groovy:

Quick Reply

Latest