Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    why are people putting insurance places that require the same grades as their firm places? its just pointless!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ankur1986)
    Firm Durham Natural Sciences AAA with A's in business studies and psychology

Insurance Warwick psychology & philosophy ABBb

What grades did you get for AS and GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    Firm: Exeter
    Course: Economics and Geography with European Study
    Offer: BBB or ABC exluding General Studies

Insurance: Lancaster
    Course: Economics and Geography
    Offer: BBC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wings)
    Firm: Univeristy College London (UCL)
    Subject: LAW
    Offer: AAA

Backup: NONE

..Hmm.. pressures on!
    Bless! Just work your arse off and you'll do it. It's not too late to start revising and knowing everything you need to know to get those A's!
    Good luck :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    why are people putting insurance places that require the same grades as their firm places? its just pointless!
    why is it? One of the places might be undersubscribed compared to the other, and be more likely to allow you in with a slipped grade.

It makes sence putting two down.

Well better sence than putting only one down, missing a grade, ending up in clearing, then finding out that your insurance choice was letting peeps in with lower grades......

ReputationRep:
    Firm: Leeds
    Course: Cinema, Photography and Televsion Studies
    Offer: BBB

No Insurance.

ReputationRep:
    firm:LSE
    Subject:BSC economics
    Offer:AAA
    Comments:close call between LSE and UCL

Insurance:Warwick
    Subject:BSC economics
    Offer AABb
    Comments: goo uni but isolated

ReputationRep:
    firm:Dundee
    Subject:MA maths and psychology
    Offer: CCD
    Comments:low offer because i had the option to go in in 2nd year due to being an english student + A levels are worth more than scottish highers (more like an AS), but instead i chose a low offer, an easy 1st year and my final year of tuition fees paid (so i'm not disadvantaged by doing a 4 year course). absalutely loved the place, realyl want to live there for 4 years (unlike st andrews where 4 hours was too many)

Insurance: NONE!!!!
    Comments: dundee was my lowest offer

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Maths&Economics

Firm: Warwick

Insurance: York

Decline: Nottingham, Bath, Manchester
    Rejected by Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eco_girl)
    Maths&Economics

Insurance: York

Decline: Nottingham, Bath, Manchester
    Rejected by Cambridge
    Another prospective Warwick student. I'm going to be studying MORSE in September. What course did you apply for at Cambridge? Maths or Economics? I got rejected for Economics at Emmanuel.

ReputationRep:
    Firm: Leeds Met
    Course: BSc Business Computing

No Insurance.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,mg84:

I applied for Economics at St Cathrine`s.
    Actually, I don`t want to go to Cambridge that much because I have been here for almost 2 years (I came from China two years ago to do A-level here). I really don`t want to be in the same place for another 3 years. Besides, I really like Warwick- the campus , the reputation of the departments( both Maths and Eco).

I have read through some of the posts concerning Economics couses & uni, etc, and I found that you have chosen Warwick over UCL- you have definitely made the right decision! I didn`t even bother to apply LSE or UCL, just don`t like the idea of spending 3 years of uni life in the centre of London ( although I would like to work in London after graduation, or probably do Master degree at LSE). Plus I know people who got much lower AS level grades than me being acceped by LSE or UCL ( a girl got no As in her four subjects was interview by UCL), and I guess the only explanation for that would be they are international students like me.

So, I will see you at Warwick in September!

ReputationRep:
    Course: Management Sciences AAB

Insurance: Bath/Nottingham (AAB/ABB) - Business Administration/Management respectively

ReputationRep:
    Firm: Warwick (unconditional so no insurance)
    Course: BA English and French

Declined: Nottingham (English/French), St. Andrews (English/French), UCL (English), York (English)
    Rejected: Durham (University College, English)

Someone please tell me I'm making the right decision by choosing Warwick! I might still visit UCL and York though before I make it official. Now I just have to convince them to give me home status for fee purposes. I was able to do this with Nottingham (fee status evaluation was done before actual decision).

ReputationRep:
    FIRM: Durham
    COURSE: Law
    OFFER: Unconditional
    COLLEGE: Hatfield

COMMENTS: No insurance because offer is unconditional as i'm post A-level (AAAB) Really chuffed with offer...roll on October

ReputationRep:
    youre all making me worried... i havent even sent off my ucas formj, or even started doing a PS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    I WILL however be going to university in october... deadlines are for whimps!!?!?!?!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifi53)
    youre all making me worried... i havent even sent off my ucas formj, or even started doing a PS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    I WILL however be going to university in october... deadlines are for whimps!!?!?!?!
    x
    really?? How does thar work then?? Are uni's still accepting application forms?? You're a brave woman

ReputationRep:
    Firm: King's College, London
    Course: BSc Mathematics
    Offer: A for Mathematics and either BB or AC in Chemistry and Psychology
    Comments: Really happy. Have to work my arse off for that A though.

Insurance: Greenwich University, London
    Course: BSc Mathematics with Italian
    Offer: 160 UCAS points from 2 A-Levels
    Comments: I only got 3 offers and would rather go through Clearing than go to Greenwich!

ReputationRep:
    they accept applications right up until the end of june... you just gotta convvince them to take you!

ReputationRep:
    I only got 3 offers and would rather go through Clearing than go to Greenwich![/QUOTE]

If you think that then I wouldn't put it down as your insurance, cus if you miss out on Kings but still get the grades for Greenwich then you will have to go there.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.