This discussion is closed.
Fishcat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
On considering Cardiff next year, I was wondering which halls have parking at them (and whether those halls are any good)?

I know its not really great to take a car with me for the first year (and it's often discouraged) but I just thought i'd try to find out before making any big decisions!
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
have you been to cardiff???

what would you want a car for?

love Katy ***
Fishcat
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gnostic)
Don't worry - when I'm Emperor I will turn Wales into a car park.
Oi! watch what you say about Wales.

"To be born Welsh is to be born privileged, not with a silver spoon in the mouth, but music in the blood and poetry in the soul"

---and don't you forget it!

Btw: Ickle Katy, a good point, but i'd like one from getting to/from cardiff etc.
italianmark
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Fishcat)
Oi! watch what you say about Wales.

"To be born Welsh is to be born privileged, not with a silver spoon in the mouth, but music in the blood and poetry in the soul"

---and don't you forget it!

Btw: Ickle Katy, a good point, but i'd like one from getting to/from cardiff etc.
oh dear
Fishcat
Rep:
?
(Original post by italianmark)
oh dear
"italian mark" eh?
Gonna kick you gooood in the rugby (again).
italianmark
Report 16 years ago
"italian mark" eh?
Gonna kick you gooood in the rugby (again).
heh well im sure italy would be mourn losing a rugby match, its so important to them;-) but actually i have welsh blood too and choose to support them in rugby 4-0 in football was it? i wish we had your culture, architecture and fine cuisine
Fishcat
Rep:
?
heh well im sure italy would be mourn losing a rugby match, its so important to them;-) but actually i have welsh blood too and choose to support them in rugby 4-0 in football was it? i wish we had your culture, architecture and fine cuisine
who's culture, archetacture and fine cuisine? the italians?
whatchoo mean boy?

so, "welshmark", are we going to beat england?
italianmark
Report 16 years ago
who's culture, archetacture and fine cuisine? the italians?
whatchoo mean boy?

so, "welshmark", are we going to beat england?
clearly the welsh.. what food u (/we) got?toast? roast sheep?and history?beating italy 2-1? heh no england will gently destroy you i hope (i have english blood too;-)
Fishcat
Rep:
?
clearly the welsh.. what food u (/we) got?toast? roast sheep?and history?beating italy 2-1? heh no england will gently destroy you i hope (i have english blood too;-)
If your talking about the rugby: i hope not! Then again, given last weekend's performance...

I also have english blood. Shame really.
Moog
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
On considering Cardiff next year, I was wondering which halls have parking at them (and whether those halls are any good)?
Im glad to see someone else considers this important! I'll certainly be taking my car to uni with me. Like you say I need it to get to and from uni. Can't believe how much some places charge though - at Bournemouth (one of my offers) it's £70 a term!!
alocin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Don't mock the Welsh! It's almost St Dvaid's Day you know

I don't know any first years here who have a car - all residences except Uni Hall are within easy walking distance of the main buildings and town. You can walk from Uni Hall, but there are also semi-regular buses. It's easy to get by without a car, you just get a bit of healthy walking!

Anyway the Cardiff Uni accommodation site has the exact details of which halls have parking facilties (the answer is not many) here http://www.cf.ac.uk/resi/Residences/hall-summary.htm
Fishcat
Rep:
?
(Original post by alocin)
Anyway the Cardiff Uni accommodation site has the exact details of which halls have parking facilties (the answer is not many) here http://www.cf.ac.uk/resi/Residences/hall-summary.htm
Cheers, thats actually very useful!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
22.42%
No (173)
77.58%

Watched Threads