Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    On considering Cardiff next year, I was wondering which halls have parking at them (and whether those halls are any good)?

I know its not really great to take a car with me for the first year (and it's often discouraged) but I just thought i'd try to find out before making any big decisions!

ReputationRep:
    have you been to cardiff???

what would you want a car for?

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnostic)
    Don't worry - when I'm Emperor I will turn Wales into a car park.
    Oi! watch what you say about Wales.

"To be born Welsh is to be born privileged, not with a silver spoon in the mouth, but music in the blood and poetry in the soul"

---and don't you forget it!

Btw: Ickle Katy, a good point, but i'd like one from getting to/from cardiff etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fishcat)
    Oi! watch what you say about Wales.

"To be born Welsh is to be born privileged, not with a silver spoon in the mouth, but music in the blood and poetry in the soul"

---and don't you forget it!

Btw: Ickle Katy, a good point, but i'd like one from getting to/from cardiff etc.
    oh dear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by italianmark)
    oh dear
    "italian mark" eh?
    Gonna kick you gooood in the rugby (again).

ReputationRep:
    "italian mark" eh?
    Gonna kick you gooood in the rugby (again).
    heh well im sure italy would be mourn losing a rugby match, its so important to them;-) but actually i have welsh blood too and choose to support them in rugby 4-0 in football was it? i wish we had your culture, architecture and fine cuisine

ReputationRep:
    heh well im sure italy would be mourn losing a rugby match, its so important to them;-) but actually i have welsh blood too and choose to support them in rugby 4-0 in football was it? i wish we had your culture, architecture and fine cuisine
    who's culture, archetacture and fine cuisine? the italians?
    whatchoo mean boy?

so, "welshmark", are we going to beat england?

ReputationRep:
    who's culture, archetacture and fine cuisine? the italians?
    whatchoo mean boy?

so, "welshmark", are we going to beat england?
    clearly the welsh.. what food u (/we) got?toast? roast sheep?and history?beating italy 2-1? heh no england will gently destroy you i hope (i have english blood too;-)

ReputationRep:
    clearly the welsh.. what food u (/we) got?toast? roast sheep?and history?beating italy 2-1? heh no england will gently destroy you i hope (i have english blood too;-)
    If your talking about the rugby: i hope not! Then again, given last weekend's performance...

I also have english blood. Shame really.

ReputationRep:
    On considering Cardiff next year, I was wondering which halls have parking at them (and whether those halls are any good)?
    Im glad to see someone else considers this important! I'll certainly be taking my car to uni with me. Like you say I need it to get to and from uni. Can't believe how much some places charge though - at Bournemouth (one of my offers) it's £70 a term!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't mock the Welsh! It's almost St Dvaid's Day you know

I don't know any first years here who have a car - all residences except Uni Hall are within easy walking distance of the main buildings and town. You can walk from Uni Hall, but there are also semi-regular buses. It's easy to get by without a car, you just get a bit of healthy walking!

Anyway the Cardiff Uni accommodation site has the exact details of which halls have parking facilties (the answer is not many) here http://www.cf.ac.uk/resi/Residences/hall-summary.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alocin)
    Anyway the Cardiff Uni accommodation site has the exact details of which halls have parking facilties (the answer is not many) here http://www.cf.ac.uk/resi/Residences/hall-summary.htm
    Cheers, thats actually very useful!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.