The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Bradford University Accommodation Thread 2012

Hi Guys. There wasnt a thread present so I thought I'll create one :biggrin:

There are many options for accommodation in the city. I have seen some Halls and have mixed opinions about them.

1. Laisteridge Lane- The WORST i have seen. Dirty buildings, bad quality rooms. Filthy kitchens. IMO if you can afford to pay more than £70 a week then PLEASE go somewhere else. Im talking about the facilities available in £70 a week so I cannot even begin to imagine the standard in the £45 a week rooms. :frown:

2. Forsters Hall- Much better. Only 5 mins walk from the Uni. Good quality rooms and the areas looked clean as well. Have a mini gym and rec room.

3. Arkwright Halls- I havent personally seen the rooms but i have heard good reviews from friends. Right behind the Uni so its very convenient.

4. The Green- The newest Halls. I wish i had the chance to see it fdrom inside but it looks class. Modern looking buildings with good facilities. :biggrin:

5. There are also private accommodation starting from £30 a week. Quality varies.

Comon guys lets have a discussion to help each other. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I've checked out forster hall and they seem to be really good and clean. I've already booked my room for this year

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 2
Original post by ShafiqJ
I've checked out forster hall and they seem to be really good and clean. I've already booked my room for this year

Nice one bro :smile: ive got the tennancy agreement for the Green but havent signed it. Waiting for the results and then im gonna send it back. BTW have you seen the The Green from the inside? I didnt get the chance you see :tongue:
I didn't either. How much is the rent...I heard its pricey

Reply 4
Its like around £90 for shared and £105 for an ensuite. Thats quite alot but at least the area is clean and modern. Not like some houses i have seen :colone:
That's not bad, I'm paying £85 a week for a medium en suite at forsters. I think that's decent the total comes up to something like £3,570.

Reply 6
YH thats not too bad actually. What course are you doing? Someone should make a freshers page on facebook or on here. But it seems there arent many people on here who are going to bradford.
I know wht you mean. I'm going for electrical engineering but stuck doing a foundation year as I didn't have the right subjects in college. What about you.

Reply 8
Original post by ShafiqJ
I know wht you mean. I'm going for electrical engineering but stuck doing a foundation year as I didn't have the right subjects in college. What about you.

ah dw man. at least u will still enjoy uni life :smile: im doing pharmacy.Actually i found the group on fb. u should join it as well.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/311848458859395/
I'd rather not get onto Facebook :smile: don't really want to join, its just another distraction for me lol.

Have applied to the Town houses in the Green (Bradford's on-campus student village) and they acknowledged my application (despite the fact Bradford is my Insurance Uni). The only thing is if I get into Bradford I have until 22nd August to sign and return the tenancy agreement and send the £250 deposit because my offer at Bradford is conditional (Unconditional students have two weeks to do it, I have 5 days).
Original post by DeterminedDreamer
Have applied to the Town houses in the Green (Bradford's on-campus student village) and they acknowledged my application (despite the fact Bradford is my Insurance Uni). The only thing is if I get into Bradford I have until 22nd August to sign and return the tenancy agreement and send the £250 deposit because my offer at Bradford is conditional (Unconditional students have two weeks to do it, I have 5 days).

Oh, so we have to wait for results day then send the signed agreement summary, code of conduct and £250 by the 22nd, then they send the formal contract?
Reply 12
Original post by KittenInfusion
Oh, so we have to wait for results day then send the signed agreement summary, code of conduct and £250 by the 22nd, then they send the formal contract?

I think the 30 odd page document is the contract. If you send the summary agreement then i presume u have entered the contract.
Original post by sachinisgod
I think the 30 odd page document is the contract. If you send the summary agreement then i presume u have entered the contract.

ohh okay, thanks :-)
Reply 14
I've applied for the en-suite rooms at the green. Haven't signed any contract yet waiting on results to make my final decision.
Reply 15
Original post by . .
I've applied for the en-suite rooms at the green. Haven't signed any contract yet waiting on results to make my final decision.

Same :biggrin: BTW have u seen the rooms from inside? Are they decent sized? Also what course have u applied for?
Reply 16
Same :biggrin: BTW have u seen the rooms from inside? Are they decent sized?

Nope was literally half asleep throughout my interview and the tour round.
I nearly missed my interview :lol: because I missed my train so I rang a friend who managed to get me there in 45 minutes when the train takes 1 hour. I was brushing my teeth in the car.
It looks quiet decent from the outside and close to my subject building and close to the gym which is all I really needed tbh. We never got a tour round the gym which was annoying as long as they have a decent gym I'll be happy.
Reply 17
Original post by . .
Nope was literally half asleep throughout my interview and the tour round.
I nearly missed my interview :lol: because I missed my train so I rang a friend who managed to get me there in 45 minutes when the train takes 1 hour. I was brushing my teeth in the car.
It looks quiet decent from the outside and close to my subject building and close to the gym which is all I really needed tbh. We never got a tour round the gym which was annoying as long as they have a decent gym I'll be happy.

HAha topLAD. Yh they showed us the gym only from the outside. I also need to start gym again. Exams caused me to take a 4 month break. Hopefully might bump into u in the gym :tongue:
Reply 18
HAha topLAD. Yh they showed us the gym only from the outside. I also need to start gym again. Exams caused me to take a 4 month break. Hopefully might bump into u in the gym :tongue:

:redface: I've been trying to go to the gym during exams but ended up missing about two weeks in total and diet has been **** (I've been drinking milk by the gallon to get my intake of calories and proteins as I haven't had time to eat) and my sleeping pattern went to **** aswell during my exams. My lifts have gone to **** and I've lost like 10lb.
Yeah might do. Although depending on my grades I might not end up at bradford.
Reply 19
Original post by . .
:redface: I've been trying to go to the gym during exams but ended up missing about two weeks in total and diet has been **** (I've been drinking milk by the gallon to get my intake of calories and proteins as I haven't had time to eat) and my sleeping pattern went to **** aswell during my exams. My lifts have gone to **** and I've lost like 10lb.
Yeah might do. Although depending on my grades I might not end up at bradford.

ah right.. is it your insurance choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending