The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

'
{ingnik']yes i appreciate that she may have a strong view, i just wish she'd tell me it! can i just say now ive never done drugs im just arguing a point here :biggrin:

You know that drugs have detrimental effects, do i need to say more? How can you enjoy drugs knowing it's having some effect on your health? I'm not entirely innocent, well i am...i only smoked it once...years ago. Alchohol is just as bad, but most people know their limits.
I've tried cannabis, in hash, skunk and pure weed forms. And i enjoyed it.

However, i didn't let it take over my life, and i didn't become obsessed with it. I do still smoke occasionally, and it's a nice change from getting tipsy sometimes.

I think the whole 'drugs are bad' attitude is a very closed minded one. SOME drugs can cause the breakdown of 'acceptable' behaviour in people. All drugs to some degree or another are addictive, but you know what? So's alcohol. And smoking. And caffeine. And sex. Doesn't mean that everyone's going to get addicted to them though, just like not everyone's addicted to sex or alcohol. It's just another recreational activity. If people decide that they want to put themselves at risk by taking ecstacy or speed or a line of coke, or doing poppers, or anything like that, surely it doesn't matter provided it doesn't affect anyone else? If i'm not stealing your DVD player, or mugging you, how does it affect you if i choose to smoke a bit of skunk in my own home?

People need to be less quick to judge, IMO.

And yes, my parents both know that i smoke occasionally. It has never affected my schoolwork, i've never been arrested, i pay my taxes and NI when i'm working, and i do charity work. I'm essentially a responsible member of society. Has it had any discernable adverse effect? Nope.

And before i get any crap about 'not knowing the REAL effects of drugs', leave it out, ok? I grew up in south east london. One of my friends committed suicide because he was so in debt to his dealer. I just think that some perspective is required when dealing with this sort of thing.
waiting2smile
You know that drugs have detrimental effects, do i need to say more? How can you enjoy drugs knwoing it's having some effect on your health? I'm not entirely innocent, well i am...i only smoked it once...years ago.

:eek: i thought u were pure and innocent - i cant believe u smoked drugs "years ago" = what a revelation - i knew u could be a bad girl :biggrin:
Reply 83
waiting2smile
You know that drugs have detrimental effects, do i need to say more? How can you enjoy drugs knwoing it's having some effect on your health? I'm not entirely innocent, well i am...i only smoked it once...years ago.

AHA :biggrin: yes, but you have to weigh up the bad and the good, just becasue something isnt entirely good, doesnt mean it isnt more good than bad, if you see... :confused: i think i know what i mean
Reply 84
waiting2smile

I don't know how people can enjoy drugs either for that reason. I did weed once in Asmterdam it was awful. I do like alchohol though and I know it damages brain cells and damages the liver.
Kurdt Morello
:eek: i thought u were pure and innocent - i cant believe u smoked drugs "years ago" = what a revelation - i knew u could be a bad girl :biggrin:

i am innocent :smile:
Reply 86
Sa-ra-ra-ra
I've tried cannabis, in hash, skunk and pure weed forms. And i enjoyed it.

However, i didn't let it take over my life, and i didn't become obsessed with it. I do still smoke occasionally, and it's a nice change from getting tipsy sometimes.

I think the whole 'drugs are bad' attitude is a very closed minded one. SOME drugs can cause the breakdown of 'acceptable' behaviour in people. All drugs to some degree or another are addictive, but you know what? So's alcohol. And smoking. And caffeine. And sex. Doesn't mean that everyone's going to get addicted to them though, just like not everyone's addicted to sex or alcohol. It's just another recreational activity. If people decide that they want to put themselves at risk by taking ecstacy or speed or a line of coke, or doing poppers, or anything like that, surely it doesn't matter provided it doesn't affect anyone else? If i'm not stealing your DVD player, or mugging you, how does it affect you if i choose to smoke a bit of skunk in my own home?

And yes, my parents both know that i smoke occasionally. It has never affected my schoolwork, i've never been arrested, i pay my taxes and NI when i'm working, and i do charity work. I'm essentially a responsible member of society. Has it had any discernable adverse effect? Nope.

And before i get any crap about 'not knowing the REAL effects of drugs', leave it out, ok? I grew up in south east london. One of my friends committed suicide because he was so in debt to his dealer. I just think that some perspective is required when dealing with this sort of thing.

see, you are absolutely right, this is exactly the point im making. living proof (still living waiting2smile, isnt that something :rolleyes: )
waiting2smile
i am innocent :smile:

hmm ...
Reply 88
waiting2smile
You know that drugs have detrimental effects, do i need to say more? How can you enjoy drugs knowing it's having some effect on your health? I'm not entirely innocent, well i am...i only smoked it once...years ago. Alchohol is just as bad, but most people know their limits.

You can enjoy the effect that doing the drug has on you while you're doing it, that's why people like alcohol too.
Kurdt Morello
hmm ...

... ok
'
{ingnik']see, you are absolutely right, this is exactly the point im making. living proof (still living waiting2smile, isnt that something :rolleyes: )

give it 20 years nik - to me anyone that does drugs has a blemish on their life - sorry :frown:
Reply 91
amazingtrade
I don't know how people can enjoy drugs either for that reason. I did weed once in Asmterdam it was awful. I do like alchohol though and I know it damages brain cells and damages the liver.

well then dont be a hypocrite! you see, drinking is socially accepted, yet it is more damaging/addictive than the occasional joint. however if you have tried weed and didnt like it then fair enough.
ZJuwelH
You can enjoy the effect that doing the drug has on you while you're doing it, that's why people like alcohol too.

i dont do either - both are dangerous - but alcohol is less dangerous in moderate amounts
Reply 93
Kurdt Morello
give it 20 years nik - to me anyone that does drugs has a blemish on their life - sorry :frown:

ah you have failed in your evil ways mr morello. but it is true, there is a blemish, but if you can put up with that blemish and have loads of fun from drugs, then hey, why not?
Reply 94
Sa-ra-ra-ra

You forgot that drugs carry a serious health risk. That's the main reason they're illegal. And yes it does affect people if you smoke in their homes, they can suffer healthwise too.
'
{ingnik']well then dont be a hypocrite! you see, drinking is socially accepted, yet it is more damaging/addictive than the occasional joint. however if you have tried weed and didnt like it then fair enough.

one only has to look to the damaging effects it has on the brain from a psychological angle and see that the two are incomparable - alcohol is far less dangerous than weed
Reply 96
ZJuwelH
You forgot that drugs carry a serious health risk. That's the main reason they're illegal. And yes it does affect people if you smoke in their homes, they can suffer healthwise too.

no she is not forgetting the health risk, she has clearly considered that and still concludes that drugs are positive in moderation.
Reply 97
Kurdt Morello
... ok

Took your time...
Reply 98
'
{ingnik']no she is not forgetting the health risk, she has clearly considered that and still concludes that drugs are positive in moderation.

I don't see any mention of the health risk. Do you?
Reply 99
Kurdt Morello
one only has to look to the damaging effects it has on the brain from a psychological angle and see that the two are incomparable - alcohol is far less dangerous than weed

i would agree with you but so many people i know have died from liver poisoning because they couldnt control their drink. and with all the people i know who do weed, nobody has ever died from it.

Latest

Trending

Trending