Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    give it 20 years nik - to me anyone that does drugs has a blemish on their life - sorry
    does that mean i have a blemish despite only having done it once?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    ah you have failed in your evil ways mr morello. but it is true, there is a blemish, but if you can put up with that blemish and have loads of fun from drugs, then hey, why not?
    i dont necessarily judge though nik - i just think it is a blemish on the person's personal character and perhaps his/her soul if you will. I couldnt give a stuff about whether or not someone has done it although i will know that it will affect them in some way - also one is of a weak character when they do drugs - look at my musical hero Kurt Cobain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    I don't see any mention of the health risk. Do you?
    yes actually, the entire first paragraph is outlining the implications of health and social risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Yes. Don't worry, it was only once. Therapy may help.

ReputationRep:
    not to me - but look inside yourself and see what u feel about it - i dont care that u did - u r still brilliant even then

ReputationRep:
    i would agree with you but so many people i know have died from liver poisoning because they couldnt control their drink. and with all the people i know who do weed, nobody has ever died from it.
    Cannabis contains cancer causing carcinogens

ReputationRep:
    yes actually, the entire first paragraph is outlining the implications of health and social risk.
    Erm, no, no mention of any health effect, just social stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Dont listen to the lawnmower man Alee

ReputationRep:
    Juwel remind me to kick you.

ReputationRep:
    Cannabis contains cancer causing carcinogens
    so does toast

ReputationRep:
    oooh feisty

ReputationRep:
    i dont necessarily judge though nik - i just think it is a blemish on the person's personal character and perhaps his/her soul if you will. I couldnt give a stuff about whether or not someone has done it although i will know that it will affect them in some way - also one is of a weak character when they do drugs - look at my musical hero Kurt Cobain
    i must say that is a very generalised view. many of my friends have extremely strong characters yet have chosen to do drugs of their own free will. certainly there is a darker side to drugs involving harrasement and peer pressure and the violation of free will, but i believe that this is highly exagerrated in mainstream society. i have had many an offer for a joint but having always politely declined i have never been pressured any further, and people that offer me drugs are not always good friends of mine either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    But can you smoke that?
    never tried it - never been high so wouldnt consider it

ReputationRep:
    You know I like that dontcha

ReputationRep:
    never tried it - never been high so wouldnt consider it
    Unbelievable but quite true: 79% of children believe Cannabis is safe.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, no, no mention of any health effect, just social stuff.
    "All drugs to some degree or another are addictive, but you know what? So's alcohol. And smoking. And caffeine. And sex. Doesn't mean that everyone's going to get addicted to them though"

"If people decide that they want to put themselves at risk by taking ecstacy or speed or a line of coke..."

would you not say that these are references to the health implications?

ReputationRep:
    i must say that is a very generalised view. many of my friends have extremely strong characters yet have chosen to do drugs of their own free will. certainly there is a darker side to drugs involving harrasement and peer pressure and the violation of free will, but i believe that this is highly exagerrated in mainstream society. i have had many an offer for a joint but having always politely declined i have never been pressured any further, and people that offer me drugs are not always good friends of mine either.
    be honest now nik - if they have succombed to peer pressure how strong are their characters - they care too much what others think and have given in - strong characters dont care what the madding crowd think.

ReputationRep:
    83% of statistics are made up what's your source?

ReputationRep:
    60% of Cambridge undergraduates would vote Lib Dem...

WHat's going wrong with these "citizenship" lessons?

ReputationRep:
    were u ever part of that percentage - or did u think screw it i'll take a chance?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.