Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    that drugs can be ok because the pleasure derived from their use can outweigh the displeausre derived from the implications on health if you are careful.
    If you are careful you won't do it in the first place. Can any detrimental effect on health be outweighed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    bloody plageriser
    I learned from the best dontcha know

ReputationRep:
    well maybe, i personally dont know if the majority of my friends suffer deep emotional termoil, but i suspect not. maybe it comes from being my friend as for the unbringing thing, surely that depends on your view of drugs and what a good education of them would consist of. a one minded 'drugs are evil' education? whatever happend to free will?
    i totally believe in free will because despite many sincere warnings from health officials people still smoke and people still do drugs - unfortunately we live in a society where our generation dont want to conform and do what is considered the right thing - basically we are a generation of rebels without a cause or a clue - often kids are not in full possession of the facts and other truisms about a life of drug addiction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    i dont understand whats so good about drugs...all they do for swimmers is give you a happy feeling and slower times.......and thats not good.

ReputationRep:
    If you are careful you won't do it in the first place. Can any detrimental effect on health be outweighed?
    yes, its just health, and if the dematerial effect isnt noticeable then who cares? and your first statement is very single minded, i suspect you arent considering the possiblity that i may have a point of sorts.

ReputationRep:
    but of course juwel - and u know i am always happy to teach u anytime my friend

ReputationRep:
    i totally believe in free will because despite many sincere warnings from health officials people still smoke and people still do drugs - unfortunately we live in a society where our generation dont want to conform and do what is considered the right thing - basically we are a generation of rebels without a cause or a clue - often kids are not in full possession of the facts and other truisms about a life of drug addiction
    absolutely, i agree. but say that our generation was fully aducated, knew all the facts and still wanted to do drugs solely becasue it was fun, would it still be wrong?

ReputationRep:
    but of course juwel - and u know i am always happy to teach u anytime my friend
    I should think so too

And thank you my Romford friend.

ReputationRep:
    yes, its just health, and if the dematerial effect isnt noticeable then who cares? and your first statement is very single minded, i suspect you arent considering the possiblity that i may have a point of sorts.
    so what view are u taking kingnik - i am not sure - u havent done drugs ever but yet u seem to promote it with some dogma

ReputationRep:
    "Yes, it's just health", I doubt they'll be writing get well cards to you with that message.

ReputationRep:
    absolutely, i agree. but say that our generation was fully aducated, knew all the facts and still wanted to do drugs solely becasue it was fun, would it still be wrong?
    depends on the definition of fun - i think it is more fun to take in views from the top of a cliff or do other stuff - but children should be told that it isnt fun at all

ReputationRep:
    so what view are u taking kingnik - i am not sure - u havent done drugs ever but yet u seem to promote it with some dogma
    oh i would never do drugs, its too expensive and i would feel so guilty becasue my parents are advocate 'drugs are evil' zombies and i do love them so :rolleyes: maybe when im older, freer and richer.

ReputationRep:
    I should think so too

And thank you my Romford friend.
    no problem bethnal green buddy just dont get shot

ReputationRep:
    "Yes, it's just health", I doubt they'll be writing get well cards to you with that message.
    lol, very good, but i dont know anyone whos fallen ill form cannibis use.

ReputationRep:
    oh i would never do drugs, its too expensive and i would feel so guilty becasue my parents are advocate 'drugs are evil' zombies and i do love them so :rolleyes: maybe when im older, freer and richer.
    so u would prefer to totally disregard any warnings of health risks for a little trip or thrill seeking sensation - how hard would u go drugs-wise?

ReputationRep:
    so u would prefer to totally disregard any warnings of health risks for a little trip or thrill seeking sensation - how hard would u go drugs-wise?
    oh nothing actually dangerous. just weed i think, it kills you a lot slower than hard drugs

ReputationRep:
    actually last summer some guy was found dead in his *****y little flat and they said he died from cannabis overdose

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

ReputationRep:
    oh nothing actually dangerous. just weed i think, it kills you a lot slower than hard drugs
    but then the inclination would be to go onto harder stuff to get more of a kick - but then who cares - free-will means freedom to choose ur path

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
    true true, but look at alchol and cigarette deaths, i dont see you rushing to demote either of them. though i suspect now you will.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.