Turn on thread page Beta

Have you tried cannabis? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    true true, but look at alchol and cigarette deaths, i dont see you rushing to demote either of them. though i suspect now you will.
    Well I will. I believe smoking should be banned. There's no good case for it!

ReputationRep:
    true true, but look at alchol and cigarette deaths, i dont see you rushing to demote either of them. though i suspect now you will.
    personally i abhor all three types of abuse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    but then the inclination would be to go onto harder stuff to get more of a kick - but then who cares - free-will means freedom to choose ur path
    yep, if you want to die drugging then go ahead. nah, i do recognise the danger of converting to hard drugs as being perhaps the most dangerous aspect of cannibis. ill be careful dont you worry. anyway, i suspect you are building to a massive conclusive counter argument so im going to bed. remind me tomorrow and my entire 16 points of rep shall be yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Well I will. I believe smoking should be banned. There's no good case for it!
    Taxation

The government will never ban smoking, because for all that it makes big noise about the cost to the NHS and the social problems with it, they still get more revenue from it than the costs it causes.

Plus, i like it

ReputationRep:
    yep, if you want to die drugging then go ahead. nah, i do recognise the danger of converting to hard drugs as being perhaps the most dangerous aspect of cannibis. ill be careful dont you worry. anyway, i suspect you are building to a massive conclusive counter argument so im going to bed. remind me tomorrow and my entire 16 points of rep shall be yours.
    why thank you - but i dont have much more to say to be honest - however i welcome the incoming rep with both arms and thank you - also commend u for a well thought out quasi-'Devil's Advocate' argument

ReputationRep:
    I think part of the thing with the whole moving on to different, harder drugs is the appalling drugs education you get in schools. Kids are told 'drugs are bad, they'll kill you' over and over again... try cannabis, and you know what? It doesn't kill them. This isn't going to help them believe anything that they're told about any other forms of drug, even though in those cases, it's a lot more accurate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sa-ra-ra-ra)
    Taxation

The government will never ban smoking, because for all that it makes big noise about the cost to the NHS and the social problems with it, they still get more revenue from it than the costs it causes.

Plus, i like it
    Plus the black market would inflate.

ReputationRep:
    i propose a cannabis subforum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sa-ra-ra-ra)
    I think part of the thing with the whole moving on to different, harder drugs is the appalling drugs education you get in schools. Kids are told 'drugs are bad, they'll kill you' over and over again... try cannabis, and you know what? It doesn't kill them. This isn't going to help them believe anything that they're told about any other forms of drug, even though in those cases, it's a lot more accurate.
    ug, read my argument. night all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Plus the black market would inflate.
    That too Banning it wouldn't solve anything, it's addictive, so people are still going to smoke - the government just wouldn't get any money from it that way.

ReputationRep:
    Drugs 're bad, mmkay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    i propose a cannabis subforum
    u'd be higher than u already are Kate

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.