This discussion is closed.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
true true, but look at alchol and cigarette deaths, i dont see you rushing to demote either of them. though i suspect now you will.
Well I will. I believe smoking should be banned. There's no good case for it!
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
true true, but look at alchol and cigarette deaths, i dont see you rushing to demote either of them. though i suspect now you will.
personally i abhor all three types of abuse
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
but then the inclination would be to go onto harder stuff to get more of a kick - but then who cares - free-will means freedom to choose ur path
yep, if you want to die drugging then go ahead. nah, i do recognise the danger of converting to hard drugs as being perhaps the most dangerous aspect of cannibis. ill be careful dont you worry. anyway, i suspect you are building to a massive conclusive counter argument so im going to bed. remind me tomorrow and my entire 16 points of rep shall be yours.
Sa-ra-ra-ra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Well I will. I believe smoking should be banned. There's no good case for it!
Taxation

The government will never ban smoking, because for all that it makes big noise about the cost to the NHS and the social problems with it, they still get more revenue from it than the costs it causes.

Plus, i like it
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yep, if you want to die drugging then go ahead. nah, i do recognise the danger of converting to hard drugs as being perhaps the most dangerous aspect of cannibis. ill be careful dont you worry. anyway, i suspect you are building to a massive conclusive counter argument so im going to bed. remind me tomorrow and my entire 16 points of rep shall be yours.
why thank you - but i dont have much more to say to be honest - however i welcome the incoming rep with both arms and thank you - also commend u for a well thought out quasi-'Devil's Advocate' argument
Sa-ra-ra-ra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think part of the thing with the whole moving on to different, harder drugs is the appalling drugs education you get in schools. Kids are told 'drugs are bad, they'll kill you' over and over again... try cannabis, and you know what? It doesn't kill them. This isn't going to help them believe anything that they're told about any other forms of drug, even though in those cases, it's a lot more accurate.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sa-ra-ra-ra)
Taxation

The government will never ban smoking, because for all that it makes big noise about the cost to the NHS and the social problems with it, they still get more revenue from it than the costs it causes.

Plus, i like it
Plus the black market would inflate.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i propose a cannabis subforum
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sa-ra-ra-ra)
I think part of the thing with the whole moving on to different, harder drugs is the appalling drugs education you get in schools. Kids are told 'drugs are bad, they'll kill you' over and over again... try cannabis, and you know what? It doesn't kill them. This isn't going to help them believe anything that they're told about any other forms of drug, even though in those cases, it's a lot more accurate.
ug, read my argument. night all.
Sa-ra-ra-ra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Plus the black market would inflate.
That too Banning it wouldn't solve anything, it's addictive, so people are still going to smoke - the government just wouldn't get any money from it that way.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Drugs 're bad, mmkay?
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
i propose a cannabis subforum
u'd be higher than u already are Kate
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (65)
52%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
8%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
11.2%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
26.4%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.4%

Watched Threads