The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JollyGreenAtheist
An update on this, as it isn't on the stalking page just yet.

I'll add you onto the stalking page if you want? :smile: Good luck with your application! :smile:
University of York
York
Original post by hendy95
Hey , could you add me please?
Username: hendy95
Course: History
Accommodation: Not sure yet
GCSEs: 2A*, 4A ,4B
A Level or Equivalent Subjects: History ,Art, Geography
AS Grades: - AABBC
A Level or Equivalent Predictions: - A*AA
Extras: Extended Project , DofE silver award , Senior Prefect , wider reading , sport achievements
Thanks !

Added you. Good luck with your application! :smile:
Original post by Holby_fanatic
I'll add you onto the stalking page if you want? :smile: Good luck with your application! :smile:

Thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 183
I don't think they're giving out ABB offers anymore. You can expect an AAB offer if you are completing 3 A Levels and they're all Science/Maths. If you are doing 4 or more A Levels, but only 3 of them are Science/Maths, you can expect an AAA offer because this can obviously mean you can get a grade lower than A in Science/Maths and still get your place.

If you are completing only 2 Science/Maths A Levels, you can also expect an offer of AAA.

Obviously, you HAVE to have an A in Chemistry.

If you aren't doing Maths or Biology at A2, should you come to York you will have compulsory lectures in these fields which you HAVE to attend. If you have done Maths and Biology at A2, then there is no need for you to attend, but you can if you want. :smile:

Congratulations on getting an offer though! I would seriously recommend York!
If you have any other questions, just ask! :biggrin:

Just checked their site and you're right, oh well!

I'm doing Chemistry, Maths and Physics, so fingers crossed I get the AAB!

Not the biggest fan of Biology, even though it was my best GCSE, oh well!

York is a bit of an odd one for me, I haven't been there (I have been to the city though) and I want to live in London (hence the other options in my sig). However, I'll see what the campus is like when I go, and the optional modules on clean energy are exactly what I want to do!

Thank you though! :smile:

Oh, and how long do the interviews last, and what are they on? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 184
Anyone else got an offer for PPE yet?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 185
Original post by Funtry
Same! Are you applying for Chemistry?

I think it's to determine whether we'll get an ABB or AAB offer :tongue: I'm going on the 29th of November :smile:

Yes! Omg I'm going that day too, I shall stalk you :tongue: How do you think they are going to determine it though, will we actually have like an interview at some point :confused:
Reply 186
Original post by ErrinR
Kind of excited here.
Got a chemistry offer last week :biggrin:

hi
Reply 187
Original post by AmyLH
Yes! Omg I'm going that day too, I shall stalk you :tongue: How do you think they are going to determine it though, will we actually have like an interview at some point :confused:

Not another stalker :/

I'd think so, but due to the "guaranteed" offers it's probably going to be really relaxed, not like an Oxbridge interview :h:

Are you going to go to the sandwich thing before? If I don't I'm gonna be in York for about 2 hours before, so it'd be worth it for me (plus I love sandwiches :colone:)
Reply 188
Original post by Funtry

I'd think so, but due to the "guaranteed" offers it's probably going to be really relaxed, not like an Oxbridge interview :h:

Are you going to go to the sandwich thing before? If I don't I'm gonna be in York for about 2 hours before, so it'd be worth it for me (plus I love sandwiches :colone:)

OMG you should love having me as a stalker :wink:

I think so yes, I never say no to free food :smile:
Original post by Funtry

The visit day is sooooo relaxed. You just sit there and listen to Dr Andy Parsons (the admissions tutor) but he's really cool so that's quite fun. Then you have a little tour around the department (I'm going to try and make sure I'm around and I'll give you a little wave. :tongue:) and then you have a chat with one of the academic staff.

All in all it's a really good day! :smile:
Reply 190
Original post by AmyLH
OMG you should love having me as a stalker :wink:

I think so yes, I never say no to free food :smile:

So you're a good stalker..?

Free food is pretty good, I can see your point of view! At least there'll be one other person there :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 191
The visit day is sooooo relaxed. You just sit there and listen to Dr Andy Parsons (the admissions tutor) but he's really cool so that's quite fun. Then you have a little tour around the department (I'm going to try and make sure I'm around and I'll give you a little wave. :tongue:) and then you have a chat with one of the academic staff.

All in all it's a really good day! :smile:

Awesome, sounds good! A chat sounds less scary than an interview too :biggrin:

Are there loads of people on each day, or just a few? I'd like to ask questions, I just hate holding up a large group of people :afraid:
Original post by Funtry
Awesome, sounds good! A chat sounds less scary than an interview too :biggrin:

Are there loads of people on each day, or just a few? I'd like to ask questions, I just hate holding up a large group of people :afraid:

There was around 25 people when I went, so it's not too bad. :smile: One of my closest friends on the course was at the same day as me so you do meet people and make friends. :smile:
Reply 193
There was around 25 people when I went, so it's not too bad. :smile: One of my closest friends on the course was at the same day as me so you do meet people and make friends. :smile:

Ah awesome, doesn't sound bad at all then :smile: Oh, that's good then! Looking forward to it now :smile:
Reply 194
Original post by RebeccaTenney
I've only just sent my application off so it's only been acknowledged :smile:
I'm applying to Oxford, Warwick, Sussex and UCL as well :smile: you?
what you studying?

You'll get one soon though I'm sure :smile: But if you applied to Oxford, surely you would have had to send it off before the 15th?
Do you mean my A level subjects? I'm doing biology, chemistry, physics, maths and then EPQ. What are you doing?
Reply 195
Is anyone else going to the visit day on the 8th November?!
I applied for Physics with Astrophysics?
Reply 196
Username: tconneely
Course: Chemistry
Accommodation: Probably Derwent
GCSEs: 9A* 1A
A Level or Equivalent Subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Maths
AS Grades: - AAAA
A Level or Equivalent Predictions: - A*A*A

Got an offer yesterday for chemistry, could you add me to this? Interview on the 6th Nov :smile:
Original post by emily_312
You'll get one soon though I'm sure :smile: But if you applied to Oxford, surely you would have had to send it off before the 15th?
Do you mean my A level subjects? I'm doing biology, chemistry, physics, maths and then EPQ. What are you doing?

I added extras on track after i applied to oxford :smile:
Im doing maths, further maths physics and chemistry :biggrin:
Original post by tconneely
Username: tconneely
Course: Chemistry
Accommodation: Probably Derwent
GCSEs: 9A* 1A
A Level or Equivalent Subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Maths
AS Grades: - AAAA
A Level or Equivalent Predictions: - A*A*A

Got an offer yesterday for chemistry, could you add me to this? Interview on the 6th Nov :smile:

Added you! Congratulations! :biggrin: York is an amazing place for Chemistry and I know you'd love it.
Reply 199
Added you! Congratulations! :biggrin: York is an amazing place for Chemistry and I know you'd love it.

Aww thank you! What college are you at? (I applied for the MChem with a year abroad - don't know if that should be added to the stalking page or not:smile: )

Quick Reply