York

York Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Any English applicants going to the 6th Feb Open Day?? :biggrin:
University of York
York
Original post by matthewoingram
Any English applicants going to the 6th Feb Open Day?? :biggrin:

Because I can't be bothered to go on Facebook, what time are you arriving? Just so that I can make arrangements for someone to let you in if I'm still in lectures.
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Because I can't be bothered to go on Facebook, what time are you arriving? Just so that I can make arrangements for someone to let you in if I'm still in lectures.

Umm...probably about 10 past 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 783
Original post by Zoelouise737
I can't even remember hahaha but I probably did, did you?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

No confirmation :frown: heard nothing from them yet :frown:
Just got an offer for economic history and economics!! I sent off my UCAS on the 6th of December
Reply 785
Is anyone going to the psychology visit day tomorrow?
Reply 786
Original post by LizzieM
Is anyone going to the psychology visit day tomorrow?

Yes! :biggrin: x
I'm going on the 30th January?

Just been looking around TSR for people off to York tomorrow too! Are you getting there via the train? Do you think they'll have a special visit day bus from the train station? :tongue:
Original post by CalculatorFocused
Just been looking around TSR for people off to York tomorrow too! Are you getting there via the train? Do you think they'll have a special visit day bus from the train station? :tongue:

My dad is driving me there because he's a York alumnus and he's super adorably eager to visit again :P he was so excited when I got an offer; even though I'd rather go to Durham, I think he really wants me to go to York :')

I have no idea about the bus though I doubt it. You also going for English? I'm quite excited actually, I haven't visited before but I've heard great things about York :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 789
Original post by CalculatorFocused

I have no idea about the bus though I doubt it.

The number 44 (unibus) or number 4 (first) both go to the uni. The SU prefer unibus as they provide a free shuttle service around campus!

Oh, and it's either £2/£1.50(if you show your train ticket) for a return ticket.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 790
Original post by katee88
Yes! :biggrin: x

Are you driving? I have no idea where I'm going to park! :s-smilie: I imagine it will be quite busy
Original post by ellada
Can anybody who has applied for Law tell me how long it took for them to hear back?
I applied at the end of November and York is the last university I need to hear back from XD

Sorry if you've had this answered before I applied on the 22nd of October, had my interview on the 4th of January and my offer came through (on the UCAS system) on the 17th of Janurary.
Just got back from my visit day. York has officially usurped Leeds as my second-favourite :P (Though it might beat Durham too, idk, I need to go to my visit day there too). My dad was adorable the whole time. C-block where he lived was still there and he was like a little kid showing me :') I'm not such a big fan of the whole look of the campus but some of the newer buildings (e.g. Alcuin) are really nice and I loved how friendly it was :smile: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for York :biggrin:
Reply 793
Just got back from my visit day. York has officially usurped Leeds as my second-favourite :P (Though it might beat Durham too, idk, I need to go to my visit day there too). My dad was adorable the whole time. C-block where he lived was still there and he was like a little kid showing me :') I'm not such a big fan of the whole look of the campus but some of the newer buildings (e.g. Alcuin) are really nice and I loved how friendly it was :smile: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for York :biggrin:

Must be nice to see the uni with your dad which studied there :smile: how was the campus? What was it that you didn't like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pikomar
Must be nice to see the uni with your dad which studied there :smile: how was the campus? What was it that you didn't like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The campus is great, it's just very.. concrete-y? Very 60s? I don't know, It's okay it's just not beautiful. I certainly wouldn't mind spending 3 years of my life there. And the grounds and the lake are really lovely. All the current students said the geese get super annoying but I think it's a really sweet quirky thing that York has :')
Reply 795
The campus is great, it's just very.. concrete-y? Very 60s? I don't know, It's okay it's just not beautiful. I certainly wouldn't mind spending 3 years of my life there. And the grounds and the lake are really lovely. All the current students said the geese get super annoying but I think it's a really sweet quirky thing that York has :')

which colleges did you like the most?
lol sweet indeed.
what are you applying for?
Original post by pikomar
which colleges did you like the most?
lol sweet indeed.
what are you applying for?

To be honest I only got to see inside Derwent and Alcuin. I like the idea of Halifax, living in a house :smile: Alcuin was nice because it's sort of out of the way and quite new. My dad was in Goodricke which is now James College (I think?) so I think he'd really like me to live there but I don't really know.

I have me an offer for English and Related Literature :smile:
Reply 797
To be honest I only got to see inside Derwent and Alcuin. I like the idea of Halifax, living in a house :smile: Alcuin was nice because it's sort of out of the way and quite new. My dad was in Goodricke which is now James College (I think?) so I think he'd really like me to live there but I don't really know.

Don't live in Alcuin, nothing ever happens there :P I'm in Halifax and it is quite nice :smile: The walk isn't that long either. I would recommend James though, its the perfect mix of, nice, social, and central (as long as you don't get N block)
Reply 798
Original post by LizzieM
Are you driving? I have no idea where I'm going to park! :s-smilie: I imagine it will be quite busy

Sorry, only just seen this! Did you have a good day? :smile:

You know Derwent is the way forward! :tongue:

Quick Reply