Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    my brother needs a laptop for uni. needs XP. anybody know any decent and CHEAP ones about????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ianbradshaw2002)
    my brother needs a laptop for uni. needs XP. anybody know any decent and CHEAP ones about????
    The cheap and decent ones are probably best brought second hand.

ReputationRep:
    How cheap is cheap?

ReputationRep:
    laptops, even used ones, aren't cheap, full stop, really.

http://reviews.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/...0005892,00.htm

is the cheapest new one, and is fairly decent. certainly will fulfil all a student's needs.

ReputationRep:
    I got a laptop for £220 off ebay for uni - it does everything i want and it runs xp. Just do a bit of research, have a look around and work out what you want

ReputationRep:
    dont get a laptop because they are the top target for thieves, get a desktop because they are better and cheaper.

adam

ReputationRep:
    I have a laptop. If you're careful you've nothing to fear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    I have a laptop. If you're careful you've nothing to fear.
    unless you are moving it around a lot then there is just no point. I've needed to move mine once since i been here and that was for the winter holidays. the same money spent on a laptop could be spent on a much better desktop computer.

i have friends here who have bought laptops and they haven't moved them once since they have been here.

adam

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.