Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I couldn't resist the connection.
    Well I suggest you find the willingness to do so; otherwise you'll find out how much of a **** I can be in my moderation.

And I fully expected bono to jump on the bandwagon; elpaw on the other hand I didn't. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    obviously the ancient mods differ, whereas haydan might be ok with the thread, expression may not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Well I suggest you find the willingness to do so; otherwise you'll find out how much of a **** I can be in my moderation.

And I fully expected bono to jump on the bandwagon; elpaw on the other hand I didn't. :mad:
    i didnt mention your name, i just said that it wasnt really necessary for deletion. if you'll look up, i did mention edders.

ReputationRep:

Expression, take it easy. Have some rep to smooth over the anger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Expression, take it easy. Have some rep to smooth over the anger.
    ahhh sweet soothing rep. bono, what has d finally said about your modness?

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, we cannot rebel against our mod, or we will be stuck down..... I mean banned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Oh well, we cannot rebel against our mod, or we will be stuck down..... I mean banned
    welcome to the forum! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So UKL effectively bans taboo topics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    welcome to the forum! :rolleyes:
    well actually to be fair the mods seem to do a good job, i just wish bono had made it. its not like having bono as mod could possible go terribly wrong!

ReputationRep:
    ahhh sweet soothing rep. bono, what has d finally said about your modness?
    The other mods were whinging about it, so he decided to drop it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    The other mods were whinging about it, so he decided to drop it.
    ah well, another couple of months maybe. eventually a current mod will dwindle and finally leave the forum, so you could step up then, surely?

ReputationRep:
    I reckon it should take more than one mod to smite a thread, as one of the devine might dislike something which is considered fine my all others

ReputationRep:

The point was that a mod deleted a thread that was in heated discussion.

And you can't say I am wrong when we complain when such threads are deleted - It was heated discussion.

Threads are being deleted unnecessarily.

Last time you threatened to ban me just ebcause I was making constructive criticism - Even Elpaw, Blissy and 2776 agree that deleting discussive threads is stupid.

ReputationRep:
    ah well, another couple of months maybe. eventually a current mod will dwindle and finally leave the forum, so you could step up then, surely?
    Making plans for the future?

ReputationRep:
    This is the life of a mod, your followers may at one point love and worsip you, and one wrong move, and your temple is being razed.

ReputationRep:
    This is the life of a mod, your followers may at one point love and worsip you, and one wrong move, and your temple is being razed.
    Only to have new followers bring in scarifices of rep tp appease the Gods

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    The point was that a mod deleted a thread that was in heated discussion.

And you can't say I am wrong when we complain when such threads are deleted - It was heated discussion.

Threads are being deleted unnecessarily.

Last time you threatened to ban me just ebcause I was making constructive criticism - Even Elpaw, Blissy and 2776 agree that deleting discussive threads is stupid.
    I have no idea about the circumstances under which the thread was deleted - and I don't exactly have much chance to ask him seen as he comes on so rarely due to his current location across the pond.

The thread was already deleted when I came online - and the brunt of the anger has come at me. So much for asking me whether I deleted it, you guys just make assumptions - statements such as
    (Original post by 2776)
    Expression alert
    , don't help matters.

Knowing the mod in question he probably just looked at the title of the thread, and thought "Ooh dodgey subject - bye bye".

There has been one post reported all day, and it wasn't from the 8 pages of that thread, so I don't know what sparked it to be deleted.

But please guys, and this goes out to everyone not just bono, accept the fact that threads get deleted, and don't kick up a fuss afterwards, no matter how frustrating it might be, all this conflict doesn't set the right sort of mood.

ReputationRep:
    .... and it wasn't even MY wrong move, and yet my "temple is being razed". So fickle is the membership of this place. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I would just like to know if similarly taboo topics will ever be allowed in the future? Why can't be discuss intelligently? Noone was progagating paedophilia and it seemed not to be offending nayone. If anyone WAS offended the "spoiler" (so to speak) was in the title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I take it the thread isn't going to be brought back minus offensive comments or any explanation given.
    Ever a sceptic aren't we.

Not that it won't be, CAN'T be is more accurate.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.