Turn on thread page Beta

is it me or did a thread just disappear watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    I have no idea about the circumstances under which the thread was deleted - and I don't exactly have much chance to ask him seen as he comes on so rarely due to his current location across the pond.

The thread was already deleted when I came online - and the brunt of the anger has come at me. So much for asking me whether I deleted it, you guys just make assumptions - statements such as , don't help matters.

Knowing the mod in question he probably just looked at the title of the thread, and thought "Ooh dodgey subject - bye bye".

There has been one post reported all day, and it wasn't from the 8 pages of that thread, so I don't know what sparked it to be deleted.

But please guys, and this goes out to everyone not just bono, accept the fact that threads get deleted, and don't kick up a fuss afterwards, no matter how frustrating it might be, all this conflict doesn't set the right sort of mood.
    Or alternatively threads in heated debate don't have to be deleted :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    am I right in thinking that the particular mod that deleted the thread is rarely on UKL. Surely a mod should log on regularly to ensure all posts are acceptable.

Therefore one might ask why a person has been chosen as a mod when they do not log on that often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    am I right in thinking that the particular mod that deleted the thread is rarely on UKL. Surely a mod should log on regularly to ensure all posts are acceptable.

Therefore one might ask why a person has been chosen as a mod when they do not log on that often.
    because he was chosen when he was still around, and hes coming back in a few months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Or alternatively threads in heated debate don't have to be deleted :rolleyes:
    Get off of my case.

How many more times:

I didn't delete the thread, nor did I suggest it to be deleted as I wasn't on the board when it was deleted.

I've conceeded the fact that it looked like a reasonable debate from what I figure about it (mod's can still view deleted threads, though they have no power to bring it back), and have no idea why it was deleted by the moderator who did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    because he was chosen when he was still around, and hes coming back in a few months
    That would explain it

ReputationRep:
    Get off of my case.

How many more times:

I didn't delete the thread, nor did I suggest it to be deleted as I wasn't on the board when it was deleted.

I've conceeded the fact that it looked like a reasonable debate from what I figure about it (mod's can still view deleted threads, though they have no power to bring it back), and have no idea why it was deleted by the moderator who did.
    My question is: are similarly "taboo" topics always going to be deleted by UKL?

ReputationRep:
    I would think that as long as someone doesn't add anything offensive or any links to anything related to the discussion (especially in taboo threads), taboo issues should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    My question is: are similarly "taboo" topics always going to be deleted by UKL?
    Not the foggiest.

Probably not provided the debate doesn't get to be plainly abusive, turning in to a slanging match between 2 people fighting for highground, diverging away from the topic of conversation.

The general policies of the board about all posts apply. They can be found on the FAQs.

Theres no policy between the moderators to always remove taboo topiced threads; but clearly they are going to draw more attention to the moderators who are likely to monitor them more closely, as when they get out of hand can be quite offensive.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks for the reply. It's just a shame that a properly-debated topic can be ruined by an idiot popping in and, basically, trolling.

ReputationRep:
    Come on guys, give Expression a break, if he didn't delete the thread leave him alone, He is doing his best, it is perhaps some of the other mods you should be looking at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Come on guys, give Expression a break, if he didn't delete the thread leave him alone, He is doing his best, it is perhaps some of the other mods you should be looking at.
    Totally agree. Don't jump on someone's bandwagon when you don't know the person responsible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    yeah, we all try our best, give us a break.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    yeah, we all try our best, give us a break.
    Hey, you spelt the whole sentence correctly. *Round of applause*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hey, you spelt the whole sentence correctly. *Round of applause*
    acceptess appluses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    acceptess appluses
    "Sit Down Shut Up Sit Down Shut Up"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    acceptess appluses
    one minute he had improved radically the next...

ReputationRep:
    and hopefully sit down without puking up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    acceptess appluses
    Just as I was about to call for a speech... <shakes head in disappointment>

ReputationRep:
    agrred, can mods temp ban mods?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    agrred, can mods temp ban mods?
    why dont you ban all the other mods, and see.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.