Watch
This discussion is closed.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
I have no idea about the circumstances under which the thread was deleted - and I don't exactly have much chance to ask him seen as he comes on so rarely due to his current location across the pond.

The thread was already deleted when I came online - and the brunt of the anger has come at me. So much for asking me whether I deleted it, you guys just make assumptions - statements such as , don't help matters.

Knowing the mod in question he probably just looked at the title of the thread, and thought "Ooh dodgey subject - bye bye".

There has been one post reported all day, and it wasn't from the 8 pages of that thread, so I don't know what sparked it to be deleted.

But please guys, and this goes out to everyone not just bono, accept the fact that threads get deleted, and don't kick up a fuss afterwards, no matter how frustrating it might be, all this conflict doesn't set the right sort of mood.
Or alternatively threads in heated debate don't have to be deleted :rolleyes:
wiwarin_mir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
am I right in thinking that the particular mod that deleted the thread is rarely on UKL. Surely a mod should log on regularly to ensure all posts are acceptable.

Therefore one might ask why a person has been chosen as a mod when they do not log on that often.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
am I right in thinking that the particular mod that deleted the thread is rarely on UKL. Surely a mod should log on regularly to ensure all posts are acceptable.

Therefore one might ask why a person has been chosen as a mod when they do not log on that often.
because he was chosen when he was still around, and hes coming back in a few months
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Or alternatively threads in heated debate don't have to be deleted :rolleyes:
Get off of my case.

How many more times:

I didn't delete the thread, nor did I suggest it to be deleted as I wasn't on the board when it was deleted.

I've conceeded the fact that it looked like a reasonable debate from what I figure about it (mod's can still view deleted threads, though they have no power to bring it back), and have no idea why it was deleted by the moderator who did.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
because he was chosen when he was still around, and hes coming back in a few months
That would explain it
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Get off of my case.

How many more times:

I didn't delete the thread, nor did I suggest it to be deleted as I wasn't on the board when it was deleted.

I've conceeded the fact that it looked like a reasonable debate from what I figure about it (mod's can still view deleted threads, though they have no power to bring it back), and have no idea why it was deleted by the moderator who did.
My question is: are similarly "taboo" topics always going to be deleted by UKL?
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
I would think that as long as someone doesn't add anything offensive or any links to anything related to the discussion (especially in taboo threads), taboo issues should be fine
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
My question is: are similarly "taboo" topics always going to be deleted by UKL?
Not the foggiest.

Probably not provided the debate doesn't get to be plainly abusive, turning in to a slanging match between 2 people fighting for highground, diverging away from the topic of conversation.

The general policies of the board about all posts apply. They can be found on the FAQs.

Theres no policy between the moderators to always remove taboo topiced threads; but clearly they are going to draw more attention to the moderators who are likely to monitor them more closely, as when they get out of hand can be quite offensive.
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ok, thanks for the reply. It's just a shame that a properly-debated topic can be ruined by an idiot popping in and, basically, trolling.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Come on guys, give Expression a break, if he didn't delete the thread leave him alone, He is doing his best, it is perhaps some of the other mods you should be looking at.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Come on guys, give Expression a break, if he didn't delete the thread leave him alone, He is doing his best, it is perhaps some of the other mods you should be looking at.
Totally agree. Don't jump on someone's bandwagon when you don't know the person responsible!
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
yeah, we all try our best, give us a break.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
yeah, we all try our best, give us a break.
Hey, you spelt the whole sentence correctly. *Round of applause*
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Hey, you spelt the whole sentence correctly. *Round of applause*
acceptess appluses
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
acceptess appluses
"Sit Down Shut Up Sit Down Shut Up"
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
acceptess appluses
one minute he had improved radically the next...
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and hopefully sit down without puking up
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
acceptess appluses
Just as I was about to call for a speech... <shakes head in disappointment>
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
agrred, can mods temp ban mods?
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
agrred, can mods temp ban mods?
why dont you ban all the other mods, and see.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (33)
8.4%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (33)
8.4%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (87)
22.14%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (52)
13.23%
No, nothing has changed (118)
30.03%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (70)
17.81%

Watched Threads