The Student Room Group

Deloitte Scholar scheme

Scroll to see replies

I didn't have to do the verbal test either and have been put straight through to the e-tray day. It must be no longer a requirement :smile:
Reply 21
Same when are you doing the e-tray day?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hello Guys,

Quick Question, as I'm confused.

Can I still apply to this if I have finished year 13 and will be starting University in September.

Kind Regards,

D
Can someone attach link please. I can't find it.

Will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.
Reply 24
This link should work, http://mycareer.deloitte.com/uk/en/student/scholars-and-school-leavers/scholar-scheme
on this page if you go on the application process you can apply from there. I am doing the e-tray day this thursday in Manchester, as I was on holiday for the london one
Also, I don't think you can do it if you are doing university this year
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 25
what sort of thing shud u put for the 3 questions:

Please explain your understanding of the Deloitte Scholar Programme and why you are interested in taking part

Please let us know what you think you will be doing on a day to day basis during your gap year placement

What do you believe your role as a Deloitte representative, while at university, would entail? What qualities would you bring to the role?

namely the second one as the role will naturaly vary dependant upon which department u work in. Also does any1 kno how the assignment of the department works, do u giv a choice? shud i make it obvious which my preference is by saying in the initial application ie. what i wud be doing in one department and focuss on that
Reply 26
Tjg94 how was the e-tray exercise? Mines not until next Wednesday!

Reply 27
On the application for that question I just said which department I would prefer to work in and expanded on that.
The e-tray day I thought was quite good, as long as you don't panic when you get the emails in you can finish comfortably within the time, though if you take too long looking at the information you can run out as some people did in my group. For the second bit you have to decide which company you would recommend this bookstore purchases, you can write loads on it so I just concentrated on a few points and tried to structure it well. I don't know how I did but I think they are quite quick to tell you for this, so hopefully I'll find out soon.
Reply 28
what about for the grades section???

Did everyone just predict their as levels or just the final a level or both??
Reply 29
For the grades section I put both my predicted AS and A2 grades as our school has given us both of these.

Quick question about the e-tray. Roughly how many emails did you get? Also how long do you get for the writing part?

Thanks (quick replies would be amazing as my e-tray exercise is tomorrow!)

x
Reply 30
Yoster123 I have heard there are maybe 4 emails when you open the inbox and the you have around 20 more during the activity but many are only responses that you can disregard.

I have a question about the e-tray day. I had an understanding that it was only the e-tray exercise which involves reacting to emails and writing an email response. Would I be correct in thinking this?
I am getting stressed that the e-tray day involves an interview also?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Reply 31
You're absolutely correct. The first section is just responding to emails as they come in, using the information given to you in folders - the response options are multiple choice. The second section you have 40 minutes to reply to an email, advising someone as to which of three companies they should take over. There is soooo much you can write so you will not be able to write everything. There is no interview at this stage - that would be the next step if you get through. This is of course assuming you are applying for the scholar scheme, other programmes that you are applying for might have a slightly different process.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 32
Hi everyone,

What kind of questions came up on the numerical reasoning test? I have done some practice questions on SHL, and are they similar?

Thanks
Reply 33
Has anyone been confirmed through the e tray day onto the interviews yet?? Only just applied and wondering how far behind the process i am. Thanks
Reply 34
Original post by leofranco
Has anyone been confirmed through the e tray day onto the interviews yet?? Only just applied and wondering how far behind the process i am. Thanks

Yeah, I got an email the friday before last confirming that I had passed. However, I'm still waiting for them to give me an interview date, they said they would contact me shortly with details but it has been a week and a half (anyone else in this position?!).

You get through the first few steps quite quickly so don't worry, you're not that far behind.

Good luck!
Reply 35
Only just sent my application yesterday, hope I wasn't too late! Does anyone know if they are still accepting and processing new applications because they are still open. Good luck to you all!
Reply 36
I sent mine of on last week and im onto the 2nd stage so u shud be fine.

How does the etray day work anyone? do they have set days where everyone goes in or wud they set it up for just one or two ppl?
Reply 37
They have set days for the etray. If you get through you'll be emailed and will be able to select online which date you want to have it on (I had two options of two consecutive Wednesdays a week apart). There are quite big groups, I'd say there were about 15 people when I went. Some weren't applying for the scholar scheme, some were applying for the bright start or summer vac schemes, but you all sit the same assessment.

Its pretty simple and there really isn't much you can do to prepare. Hope it all goes well.

Reply 38
I think iv been given mine to do online. Has anyone else done it this way?
Reply 39
You'll get online tests first which are numerical, then you'll have to go in for an etray day.

Quick Reply

Latest