Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Pakistani FM denies report of bin Laden's capiture

www.chinaview.cn 2004-02-28 21:25:49

ISLAMABAD, Feb. 28 (Xinhuanet) -- Pakistani Foreign Minister Khurshid Mehmood Kasuri Saturday denied a report that Osama bin Laden has been captured in Pakistan's tribal region.

Iran's state radio Pashto service reported that al-Qaeda leaderOsama bin Laden has been captured in a tribal region in Pakistan.

"I am not in position to confirm or contradict that Osama bin Laden is captured," Kasuri told reporters in Islamabad.

"I will not confirm the report that Osama is being captured by the Pakistan Army during the operation in South Waziristan," he said when asked about the confirmation of the report.

Radio Tehran said that US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld's trip to Pakistan on Thursday had been made in connection with bin Laden's capture. Pakistani officials said that Rumsfeld had not visited Pakistan. al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden has been accused of masterminding the Sept. 11 attacks on American landmarks in New York and Washington in 2001. Enditem

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2...ent_1336748.htm

ReputationRep:
    so has he or hasn't he been captured? there are conflicting reports in that article.

ReputationRep:
    surely if he had been captured then whoever captured him would want to publicise it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    so has he or hasn't he been captured? there are conflicting reports in that article.
    i did write it as a question mate. if he has been captured would Bush be willing to tell the whole world because now that Saddam has been captured who else has he got to blame? furthermore, a backlash would undoubtedly be expected and maybe the decision has been made to dismantle organisations such as al-qaeda before announcing his capture. guess we wont know for a while yet . . .

ReputationRep:
    I've heard a theory that the world won't know he's been captured, if he has, until just before the USA general election.

ReputationRep:
    wouldn't surprise me, he's running 50/50 with "the new JFK" at the moment so he's got to have something up his sleeve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azz)
    wouldn't surprise me, he's running 50/50 with "the new JFK" at the moment so he's got to have something up his sleeve.
    50/50 didnt stop him last time....

(Original post by elpaw)
    50/50 didnt stop him last time....
    neither did the 46:54 when the results came in
    J

ReputationRep:
    Ill believe it when i see pictures of him in custody taken by the papparazzi!

ReputationRep:
    i rekon obl is hiding in Katy's Y-Fronts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azz)
    Pakistani FM denies report of bin Laden's capiture

www.chinaview.cn 2004-02-28 21:25:49

ISLAMABAD, Feb. 28 (Xinhuanet) -- Pakistani Foreign Minister Khurshid Mehmood Kasuri Saturday denied a report that Osama bin Laden has been captured in Pakistan's tribal region.

Iran's state radio Pashto service reported that al-Qaeda leaderOsama bin Laden has been captured in a tribal region in Pakistan.

"I am not in position to confirm or contradict that Osama bin Laden is captured," Kasuri told reporters in Islamabad.

"I will not confirm the report that Osama is being captured by the Pakistan Army during the operation in South Waziristan," he said when asked about the confirmation of the report.

Radio Tehran said that US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld's trip to Pakistan on Thursday had been made in connection with bin Laden's capture. Pakistani officials said that Rumsfeld had not visited Pakistan. al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden has been accused of masterminding the Sept. 11 attacks on American landmarks in New York and Washington in 2001. Enditem

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2...ent_1336748.htm
    I think he has been captured, but they are just torturing him at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    I think he has been captured, but they are just torturing him at the moment
    riiiiiiight when we all know bush has a fetish for bad boys, i bet he's getting frisky with binladen in a hidden corridor on his ranch in texas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemur)
    riiiiiiight when we all know bush has a fetish for bad boys, i bet he's getting frisky with binladen in a hidden corridor on his ranch in texas
    (dont tell everyone its a asecret remember :mad: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    (dont tell everyone its a asecret remember :mad: )
    sorry i just cant go on lying anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)

thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    thanks.
    It was quite a funny quote though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    Repect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    thanks.
    And is that obl's beard hanging through or something else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    And is that obl's beard hanging through or something else?

HAHAHA.....

Very good Phil, I am impressed!

LEGEND !!!

ReputationRep:
    last i heard US says he wasn't captured, as does pretty much everyone else

lets hope it doesnt take too long, i heard they raised the terror color thingy

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.