The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
squideye
Eeeek. I don't know what to say. I suppose the situation would have resolved itself by now if it was going to. It's not like you don't know your enemies, they're your neighbours. That's what makes the situation so horrific for me.
How far away do you live from that wall? How often do you witness violence?

its about 10 miles from me. dont see much violence round here. towns only been bombed 3 times in my living memory. quite low compared to some places :biggrin:
Reply 61
:eek: :rolleyes:
Reply 62
squideye
:eek: :rolleyes:

dont get me wrong. i live in a really nice town. you'd all like it here i think. the fire damage sales are good fun :smile:
squideye
Hehe...sorry, I know someone has already observed that this thread is several months old, but I couldn't resist commenting. My dad always says..."If you ever go to Leeds (which I am tomorrow, coincidently) never go to Chapeltown. If you pull up at a set of traffic lights, they'll have all four wheels off before the lights turn green." He also told me to steer clear of Moss Side in Manchester too...but as a prospective student there, I'm less convinced...he probably went there in the 70's or something. My friend goes there at the moment, and she lives in Rusholme/Longholme...something like that. I once visited Withington/Wittington (the nicer one). That seemed alright too. Still, we hardly have a right to comment...I live in Wolverhampton...Take your pick of the rough areas!

IIRC, Chapeltown was where the Yorkshire Ripper killed quite a few times.

Latest

Trending

Trending