Turn on thread page Beta

being pregnant and wanting to start uni in sept! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    do u think if a person is pregnant and due to have a baby in december that their chances of starting uni in september to do a nursing course will decrease? would it be better to go to the interview and not let them know that you are pregnant or should you tell the interviewer??

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure that you want to start uni and have a baby all at the same time? They're both life-changing events, surely it'd be better to get one out of the way first? (Baby, i'd suggest... unless you can hold it in there for an extra year )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donnaxx)
    do u think if a person is pregnant and due to have a baby in december that their chances of starting uni in september to do a nursing course will decrease? would it be better to go to the interview and not let them know that you are pregnant or should you tell the interviewer??
    Do uni's provide some form of extra support for mothers? If so, then surely it's best to let them know asap? Especially if you're wanting to move into university provided accommodation - I know at Nottingham they have couple's flats which have more space and more privacy.

ReputationRep:
    Are you very early or planning? Congrats if you are pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    go to uni, and get kick-ass grades! show the world girls can do anything!

ReputationRep:
    congratulations on being pregnant - i hope it all turns out well - i know a girl who took a year out as she gave birth to her daughter - and then she studied at uni and took care of her child during her course - she is doing fine

ReputationRep:
    make sure you arrange day care well in advance

ReputationRep:
    Ithink the person should tell the interviewer it will probably limit your chances but at least your being honest, cos when they see you in september, unless they think you've been putting away the pies they're gonna know that your up the duff. I don't see how having a baby if your prepared (emotionally, physically, finacially etc..) will hinder you (i mean your friend ) at uni. one of friend had a beautiful baby boy in december. And she went back to school at the start of the spring term in jan, and did all her exams and goes to classes and stuff. so if she can do it in yr 13 at 6th form i don't see why you (my apologise your friend) cant do it at uni!

ReputationRep:
    I think they have to be good about it because unis are supposed to support equal opportunities. They will prob ask how you will manage to cope though and will universities provide support for a child that is newborn I would think that would be difficult but ok if you have child care arrangements in place.
    I would speak to them about it.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.