Work experience for history

Watch
This discussion is closed.
JrW
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Is there such a thing?? Are there any good historical societies??
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jamierwilliams)
Is there such a thing?? Are there any good historical societies??
Can you do work experience for history? :confused:
Katie J
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
Can you do work experience for history? :confused:
I worked with an archivist and a curator (sp?) in local museum which was pretty cool! Town council people often are willing to take on people for any local history research stuff.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Katie J)
I worked with an archivist and a curator (sp?) in local museum which was pretty cool! Town council people often are willing to take on people for any local history research stuff.
No you spelt it right lol. Have you ever been to the British Library? I got to handle primary material over four hundred years old
Katie J
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
No you spelt it right lol. Have you ever been to the British Library? I got to handle primary material over four hundred years old
My spelling is always terrible!

I've not been to the British Library sadly, but I can beat your four hundred year old stuff, I've held oil lamps & some random skull fragments from the Olduvai Gorge!!
(I'm an archaeologist but thought I'd let it be known that work experience for history is possible!)
presebjenada
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
just try and pick a bit that youre really interested it and focus on that.. if youre interested in politics within history for example you could always join a current day activist group or something in the local community so you can see what its really like joining campaigns etc.. just a thought
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (178)
24.65%
Better than expected (145)
20.08%
Worse than expected (399)
55.26%

Watched Threads