Turn on thread page Beta

Work experience for history watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is there such a thing?? Are there any good historical societies??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    Is there such a thing?? Are there any good historical societies??
    Can you do work experience for history? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Can you do work experience for history? :confused:
    I worked with an archivist and a curator (sp?) in local museum which was pretty cool! Town council people often are willing to take on people for any local history research stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    I worked with an archivist and a curator (sp?) in local museum which was pretty cool! Town council people often are willing to take on people for any local history research stuff.
    No you spelt it right lol. Have you ever been to the British Library? I got to handle primary material over four hundred years old

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    No you spelt it right lol. Have you ever been to the British Library? I got to handle primary material over four hundred years old
    My spelling is always terrible!

I've not been to the British Library sadly, but I can beat your four hundred year old stuff, I've held oil lamps & some random skull fragments from the Olduvai Gorge!!
    (I'm an archaeologist but thought I'd let it be known that work experience for history is possible!)

ReputationRep:
    just try and pick a bit that youre really interested it and focus on that.. if youre interested in politics within history for example you could always join a current day activist group or something in the local community so you can see what its really like joining campaigns etc.. just a thought

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.